Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Paul Pain playing the piano

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicMusicVidsUSA

Here it is... all of my classical music videos.  Producer/Director/Art Director/Film Editor/Story/Screenplay/Music: Alex (aka Paul Pain)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

So that's you playing?  Great job, man!  I did listen to a Chopin and Brahams one, will listen to more later.  That's really beautiful music, I would love to learn piano.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
So that's you playing?  Great job, man!  I did listen to a Chopin and Brahams one, will listen to more later.  That's really beautiful music, I would love to learn piano.

It is indeed me and only me!  I haven't time to upload more in a while, but someday I will.
#1 fire kibitzer

O K, I quit - if you care to, go to youTube See Your Mama every night Midiri Brothers.  That's me playing the guitar.

Offline metaldams

O K, I quit - if you care to, go to youTube See Your Mama every night Midiri Brothers.  That's me playing the guitar.

You seem to be doing more than playing guitar.  You sing and have stage presence, nice job!  Do you still play with those guys?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I don't know if you've seen it yet, but my only jazz cover to date is "In the Mood" from Glenn Miller.  Search for it with metaldams78, you'll find it if you're interested.  I played in jazz band in high school and college, making all-state senior year (my Al Bundy like four touchdowns in one game - hah), but mostly play rock stuff these days.  I do miss reading those charts, those were good times.

All this board needs is a drummer and we have a band!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
(1) Big Chief, that was cool.
(2) I have added more videos since starting this thread.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Paul, just subscribed to your channel, so I'll keep up on your new vids.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

...and it's funny how you write - without the hassle of copyright laws.  I've had Beatles and Led Zeppelin videos removed.  Solo Beatle material I can post no problem, but not Beatles.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Paul, loved the Rachmaninov Prelude in C# Minor piece.  That was my grandfather's favorite composer. Nice job.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Paul, just subscribed to your channel, so I'll keep up on your new vids.

I will have to return the favor.

...and it's funny how you write - without the hassle of copyright laws.  I've had Beatles and Led Zeppelin videos removed.  Solo Beatle material I can post no problem, but not Beatles.

I'm playing material that isn't copyright protected (being so old), and I'm the recording artist for my own studio  :D

Paul, loved the Rachmaninov Prelude in C# Minor piece.  That was my grandfather's favorite composer. Nice job.

Thank you!  I'm glad you liked it!  [rockon]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Your videos gave me an idea.  I should try to find the cello score to say...Beethoven's 5th, and play it on bass to a recording.  I could post one movement at a time.  Would be very difficult and time consuming, but if I could pull it off...wow.  At least I would stand out, don't think many bass players are doing it.  I'll check tonight.
- Doug Sarnecky

The prelude in C#m exists in a string band/bluegrass/jazz version called Russian Rag.  It's pretty cute. You might enjoy it.  I'm sure it's somewhere on youTube.

And Metal, you might be interested in the version of In The Mood as played by the Glen Miller Band in the movie Sun Valley Serenade.  I'm sure their version is on youTube.  The bass player, whose name is Trigger Alpert, is a hoot, and gets spotlighted quite a bit.  I think you'd enjoy it.