Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2016 MLB Thread....

Offline Tony Bensley

White Sox may be the surprise team of MLB so far. I wonder if the country would be excited for an "All Chicago" World Series?

???
While it's still early in the season, I don't think anyone saw the White Sox coming!

An "All Chicago" World Series rematch, 110 years in the making?  I think MLB could do worse than a CTA Commuter Series!

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Lefty

As the Phillies return to Earth, I was not disappointed to read about our erstwhile second baseman, Chutley himself, giving the Mets the what-for last night.  Somehow I get the feeling that Syndergaard was tossed for his own safety -- a right-handed pitcher who bats left-handed has meal ticket exposed for a decent fastball next time he comes up.  DH in the NL, anyone? 

Offline Shemp_Diesel

That was some bullshit last night--Syndergaard throws behind Utley, doesn't actually hit him & he gets tossed...  ???

And no DH in the National League--I've always felt that NL baseball was superior to the AL because the pitchers do hit & all the strategic maneuvers that go with managing a National League game. So, again, no DH please...

:P
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

I'm posting this from Camden Yards.  Here's a pic I took for Lefty.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

I'm posting this from Camden Yards.  Here's a pic I took for Lefty.

I had to look at the picture three times to make sure he was in the right coach's box.  He's dumb enough to go to the third-base one.

Now having seen that picture, I'm going to have nightmares!    >:D

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This young Sox team is fun to watch (or listen to since O's games are blacked out on my MLB.tv), especially when Mookie Betts hits 5 HR in 2 games.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

This young Sox team is fun to watch (or listen to since O's games are blacked out on my MLB.tv), especially when Mookie Betts hits 5 HR in 2 games.

Good to hear from you Jim, and yeah they are.  Betts, Boagerts, Bradley, Rodriguez, they got a good core again.  As you can probably gather, I was at the game on Monday, and it was a great game to go to, I think the first time I ever was at the park for a complete game.  Steven Wright has been a pleasant surprise.  Contrast that to the 2015 game I was at in Camden where Boston gave up 18 runs,
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Apparently, I was a bit quick on the trigger as far as booking the White Sox for the World Series...  :-[

Chicago has crashed back to earth a bit--although they did take a bite out of my Mets yesterday and today--wasting a great pitching performance by the kid deGrom today *aaarghhh*...

>:(
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
The Mariners have come into June with a winning record?!   ???
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, this may be the year the Mariners actually live up to their potential and get into the playoffs come October--would love to see King Felix in a primetime playoff game...

[cool]

Offline Lefty

A few weeks ago I posted that the Phillies have returned to Earth.  It's now more like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.  Are they trying to "catch down to" Atlanta to get the top pick in the draft next year?  Oh well, at least it's only 20 more years until they win the World Series, against the Seattle Mariners who would be in their first one, by which time the phaceless, pheckless, pheather-brained owners of the Phillies should all be dephunct.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Yeah, this may be the year the Mariners actually live up to their potential and get into the playoffs come October--would love to see King Felix in a primetime playoff game...

[cool]

Since we had this exchange, Seattle has been one of, if not the worst team, in baseball.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Tony Bensley

Toronto has been faring better of late, which is a plus from my end. I would also like to see some Teams that normally don't do very well excel! Teams like Seattle (If it can't be the Blue Jays, of course!) and the Chicago Cubs making it to the World Series would be fine by me!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Since we had this exchange, Seattle has been one of, if not the worst team, in baseball.

Yeah, the Mariners are sinking fast--they're not even in good shape to make a run at one of the Wild Cards. Unless, of course, they get hot & go on a streak--which there is still plenty of time to do...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

American League winning the All-Star game right now--of course, if the San Francisco G-Men get to the Series again, it may not matter who has home field...

;)

Offline Tony Bensley

American League winning the All-Star game right now--of course, if the San Francisco G-Men get to the Series again, it may not matter who has home field...

;)
Alternate even numbered year Series appearances seems to be the scenario for the Giants, these days.

I'd rather see a team that hasn't made it for awhile, such as the Chicago Cubs (I think they fit the criteria!  ;) ) get there, but that's just me!

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Well, the Mariner's are 45-44 coming through the All-Star break... barely a winning record!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Lefty

Cleveland won the NBA title, the AHL championship, and now their AA farm team, the Akron Rubber Ducks, beat the Yankees' Trenton Thunder 3-0 in the EL finals, before a huge-a-mongous crowd of 3,018 in Trenton last night for the clincher.  So maybe the Indians have a chance at their first World Series title since 1948?  And the Browns now seem to be the only team living up to the "Mistake by the Lake" handle.  Speaking of the Yankees, it's getting to look as though that Subway Series won't be taking place.

Offline metaldams

I'm in Cape Cod right now, Boston did a historic almost season ending four game crushing of the Yankees, game 3 I was at, and now they've just taken game 1 against Baltimore.  I can't think of better timing to be on vacation, attend a game, and be in New England.  Hell yeah!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Percy Pomeroy

I'm in Cape Cod right now, Boston did a historic almost season ending four game crushing of the Yankees, game 3 I was at, and now they've just taken game 1 against Baltimore.  I can't think of better timing to be on vacation, attend a game, and be in New England.  Hell yeah!

metaldams, I'm interested in what you thought of Fenway Park. Was it your first visit? Where did you sit? How would you compare it vs. other parks that you may have visited.

Offline metaldams

metaldams, I'm interested in what you thought of Fenway Park. Was it your first visit? Where did you sit? How would you compare it vs. other parks that you may have visited.

I've been to Fenway several times, though this was my first time since 2010.  The traffic is a pain, but once in the ball park, the atmosphere of a Fenway crowd can't be beat.  Very knowledgable fans, and they are very into the game.  I go to Camden Yards in Baltimore a lot, a very beautiful park, and the Inner Harbor area around the stadium is great, but the atmosphere doesn't compare.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Yesterday, the Phillies lost a football game to the Mets, 17-0.  The Yankees, down 2-1 in the 9th inning at Toronto, scored twice and then allowed the Blue Jays to do likewise.  Unless totals are involved, like in most bowling leagues, I would rather have lost like the Phillies given a choice.

Offline metaldams

I think it should be mentioned, R.I.P. Jose Fernandez.  Awfully tragic, he had all the talent in the world and was 24 with a child on the way. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Jose Fernandez was shocking--a life lost way to soon. RIP....

Offline Tony Bensley

That was sad news about Arnold Palmer, and especially Jose Fernandez who should have had a lot of life ahead of him!

May they both Rest in Peace!