Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Retirement

Offline JazzBill

After 44 years behind the wheel I retired today. "Nothing to do but eat and sleep and live off the the fat of the land".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Congratulations my friend!  I hope you get every hobby in the world of yours indulged to your maximum pleasure.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Congratulations comrade!  Enjoy every moment of it!
#1 fire kibitzer

ThumpTheShoes

Allow me to be the next to say congratulations! You've earned it!!

Offline Tony Trout

Congratulations, sir!!  You've earned it!!  My late Father was a truck driver who passed away doing his job.  :(  He suffered a heart attack while at the wheel on February 5, 1980.  He was only thirty-eight.  The incident was one where it took Mom years to recover from because she was with him when he passed and the cops in NY (where the death occurred) wouldn't even let my Dad's boss identify his body - they forced my Mom to do it.  :(

Sorry for the sob story....:(

Enjoy your retirement!!!

Offline Kopfy2013

Congrats .... Now u can be with the Hoi Polloi  [pie]    [cool] [cool] [cool]

Niagara Falls

Offline JazzBill

Congratulations, sir!!  You've earned it!!  My late Father was a truck driver who passed away doing his job.  :(  He suffered a heart attack while at the wheel on February 5, 1980.  He was only thirty-eight.  The incident was one where it took Mom years to recover from because she was with him when he passed and the cops in NY (where the death occurred) wouldn't even let my Dad's boss identify his body - they forced my Mom to do it.  :(

Sorry for the sob story....:(

Enjoy your retirement!!!
Don't be sorry my friend, that's a pretty sad story. I see that was your first post. Welcome aboard.

Offline stoogerascalfan62

What company or companies did you work for?

Offline Signor Spumoni

I'm late, but please accept my heartiest congratulations on your retirement.  May it be a long and very happy time.

Offline JazzBill

Congrats .... Now u can be with the Hoi Polloi  [pie]    [cool] [cool] [cool]

I am the Hoi Polloi.

Offline Signor Spumoni

It's been two months, now, Jazz Bill.  How are you adjusting to retirement?

Offline JazzBill

It's been two months, now, Jazz Bill.  How are you adjusting to retirement?

That's actually a hard question to answer. It's nice not having to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning but sometimes I'm bored to death. I live out in the middle of nowhere in a fishing resort community. There's plenty of things to do in the summer but the winter is pretty dead. All in all I probably should have worked a little longer. When I retired and started drawing a pension I had to sign some papers saying that I would never do work that takes a job from a Teamster. That means I can't drive a truck or work in a warehouse. That's all I know how to do. Oh well, Walmart here I come. Welcome to Walmart or thank you for shopping at Walmart. Thanks for asking Signor Spumoni.

Offline Signor Spumoni

That's actually a hard question to answer. It's nice not having to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning but sometimes I'm bored to death. I live out in the middle of nowhere in a fishing resort community. There's plenty of things to do in the summer but the winter is pretty dead. All in all I probably should have worked a little longer. When I retired and started drawing a pension I had to sign some papers saying that I would never do work that takes a job from a Teamster. That means I can't drive a truck or work in a warehouse. That's all I know how to do. Oh well, Walmart here I come. Welcome to Walmart or thank you for shopping at Walmart. Thanks for asking Signor Spumoni.

You're welcome.  I find it interesting to see how people manage their retirement.  It's too bad you can't go back to what you know how to do, but perhaps that would become tiring after awhile.  I admire you for looking for something to do instead of complaining that retirement isn't what it's cracked up to be.  And I think I would, if I were you, wake at 3 or 4 just so I could pull up the covers and go back to sleep.   :)

A friend of mine drives for the VA in his retirement, driving them to doctors' appointments, etc, wherever they need to go.  It's strictly a volunteer position, so you wouldn't be putting any teamsters out of work.  My buddy loves it and has been doing it for years.

Offline JazzBill

A friend of mine drives for the VA in his retirement, driving them to doctors' appointments, etc, wherever they need to go.  It's strictly a volunteer position, so you wouldn't be putting any teamsters out of work.  My buddy loves it and has been doing it for years.

Thanks for the tip. Being a veteran myself that's something I might be interested in. I was also thinking of joining a motorcycle organization this summer called the Freedom Riders. They do a lot of things to help veterans and their families.

Best of luck.  I retired also , back around Labor Day, which in grandiose anticipation I was referring to as No-More-Labor Day.  Of course at that very moment an avalanche of quality work came in, which is good, and the air conditioner  crashed to the tune of 10K, which is bad.  However, the free money once a month  is , how can I put this, fucking awesome.

Offline JazzBill

Best of luck.  I retired also , back around Labor Day, which in grandiose anticipation I was referring to as No-More-Labor Day.  Of course at that very moment an avalanche of quality work came in, which is good, and the air conditioner  crashed to the tune of 10K, which is bad.  However, the free money once a month  is , how can I put this, fucking awesome.

Congratulations to you Chief.