Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 MLB Thread

Offline Svengarlic

That 3b coach oughta' be fired for sending Cabrera in there.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Brad Ausmus pulling the plug on Sanchez when dude has been dealing--this could be one of those WTF moves, depending on who is coming out next from the pen? Don't really have any trust in the Detroit relievers, so we'll see how it goes....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

Brad Ausmus pulling the plug on Sanchez when dude has been dealing--this could be one of those WTF moves, depending on who is coming out next from the pen? Don't really have any trust in the Detroit relievers, so we'll see how it goes....
I don't believe what I just saw!  ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, depending on who wins this game, I'm sure Ausmus will be getting some questions about his managerial maneuvers....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Btw, this has to be one of the more entertaining slugfest I have ever seen...

Offline Svengarlic

Btw, this has to be one of the more entertaining slugfest I have ever seen...
That's a winnah!

Nothing doing in the 2nd. Ain't missed a thing....RUNS PLEASE!

Offline metaldams

Did I read that right?  Did Markakis homer?  Moustakis, Markakis.....Yiayia!  Greek power baby!  Gotta represent my heritage.

But on a more serious note, Detroit's bullpen blowing it two years in a row.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Did I read that right?  Did Markakis homer?  Moustakis, Markakis.....Yiayia!  Greek power baby!  Gotta represent my heritage.

But on a more serious note, Detroit's bullpen blowing it two years in a row.
You must be that Greek kid I heard about that ran away from home because he didn't like how he was being reared! (wah, wah, waaah)

But seriously Metal....another good, action packed game. These post season pitchers must be freaking out. (Post) season of the hitter. I expect Strasberg to get lit up too. I don't remember the exact stat, but the next start after tossing a no-no is usually pretty brutal!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Cards may have fired the Dodgers up with that little skirmish that broke out. Now we'll see what Kershaw does with a lead....

Offline Svengarlic

The Cards may have fired the Dodgers up with that little skirmish that broke out. Now we'll see what Kershaw does with a lead....
Seems to have affected Waino.  :-\

Offline Svengarlic

Unreal. Cards down by 4 in the 6th, now LA down by 4 in the 7th. The "Two best pitchers in baseball" were clubbed to death.  This is a very odd post season.

Offline metaldams

Unreal. Cards down by 4 in the 6th, now LA down by 4 in the 7th. The "Two best pitchers in baseball" were clubbed to death.  This is a very odd post season.

I was doing the weekly short review assuming it's over in L.A., and I comeback to see Kershaw gave up 7 runs in an inning!  Unreal, I didn't think he gave up that many runs this season.

I think San Francisco is the new unbeatable team in the post season, and St. Louis second as long as they don't face San Francisco or Boston.  Unbelievable.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Yeah...for some odd reason we hit Kershaw. This no surprise. But it WAS a surprise that he was sharp as hell, striking out Cards like mad. He was ON. But then, all of a sudden they just started drilling him. Jeez what a game is baseball.

Offline metaldams

This Royals team is incredibly fun to watch.  What an awesome run they are having!

By the way, they have this kid named Brandon Finnegan who was pitching college ball earlier this year now pitching relief for them in the postseason. He has pitched every extra inning tie game so far and impressively.

I'm happy for Royals fans now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Allen

Cardinals 10, Dodgers 9
Wow!! What a game! As a Cardinal fan I've been wondering all season why the heck Trevor Rosenthal can't pitch a 9th inning without allowing 2 or 3 base runners and making it a nail-biter? If I had been the manager of the Cardinals, I would have left Pat Neshek in the game to pitch the 9th instead of Rosenthal.
Oh well, at least they won... barely.

I'd love to see a Cardinals/Royals World Series or Cardinals/Angels... with St.Louis winning it all no matter who they face! [cool]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So, I guess we can stop all of this talk about Kershaw being the next Koufax after blowing a 6-1 lead. It's hard for me to imagine Sandy doing that in the postseason. How do the Dodgers rebound from this--the supposed best pitcher on the planet couldn't hold a 5 run lead. Doom and Gloom for the Dodgers, I'm afraid...

Offline Svengarlic

Cardinals 10, Dodgers 9
Wow!! What a game! As a Cardinal fan I've been wondering all season why the heck Trevor Rosenthal can't pitch a 9th inning without allowing 2 or 3 base runners and making it a nail-biter? If I had been the manager of the Cardinals, I would have left Pat Neshek in the game to pitch the 9th instead of Rosenthal.
Oh well, at least they won... barely.
I'd love to see a Cardinals/Royals World Series or Cardinals/Angels... with St.Louis winning it all no matter who they face! [cool]

I thought I was alone! I'm right there with you on LAA. But it would bug me if they went all the way. The $ they have to throw around make's Steinbruner look like a miser.

And then there's Pujols. I stopped liking that ego maniacal punk in 2009 when he started swinging from the heels in an attempt to stay ahead of Ludwick and Holliday, and his overall stats suffered. He cares more about money and fame and personal goals than the team, and everybody knew it. Molina was his only friend on the team.

He could have been the next Stan the Man in St. Louis, he could have had free lunch in Florida for life. They made him a great offer. But those stages were too small. I could go on and on about that cocksucker but I won't. Mike Trout needs to get the hell out of LA when he can. They won't win shit as long as Albert's there.

Offline Svengarlic

Oy! Pitching duel in the Capitol.  >:(

Zimmerman with a 1-0 lead, 2 out in the 9th, walks a guy and is yanked. I like that. Screw the CG, bring in the fireman!

Offline Lefty

Oy! Pitching duel in the Capitol.  >:(

Zimmerman with a 1-0 lead, 2 out in the 9th, walks a guy and is yanked. I like that. Screw the CG, bring in the fireman!

And the fireman tries to put out the fire with wet lacquer.

The only way to avoid controversy with that call to end the top of the 9th was for the Giants to win, and they did. 

Vic Carapazza (which sounds like some kind of olive oil) must have gone to the Joe West School of Awful Umpiring.

Offline Svengarlic

And the fireman tries to put out the fire with wet lacquer.

The only way to avoid controversy with that call to end the top of the 9th was for the Giants to win, and they did. 

Vic Carapazza (which sounds like some kind of olive oil) must have gone to the Joe West School of Awful Umpiring.
Well, I liked the move at the time:-[  That ump was indeed awful, and I, being an action guy hated that marathon FAIL job. 18 innings of futility. A double header of futility!

Looking forward to the Royals game where they could continue the "Team of destiny" theme.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Today may be the rare low scoring game between the Birds and Tigers--Svengarlic must be thrilled...  ;)

Offline Svengarlic

Today may be the rare low scoring game between the Birds and Tigers--Svengarlic must be thrilled...  ;)
LOL...strangely enough, in the second inning of the game TBS went dark and has not returned. (all others work fine) So I'll just watch the NFL 'till time for the Royals.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Nelson Cruz is the Tiger killer...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wow, Tigers won't go away quietly....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Nothing like postseason baseball...