Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3-D "Spooks" and "Backfire" removed from Sony DVDs?

Offline The Valeyard

I mentioned this in the DVD/Blu-Ray Review Thread on Dec. 29th:

Didn't know where to put this but I bought the Ultimate Collection at Best Buy on Friday for $29.99.  Great price for so many DVDs!  As I dug into the box, I noticed something interesting with Vol. 7.

The 3D Shorts are no longer present. 

I wanted to test the 3D right away so that was the first box I opened up.  I immediately noticed that the 3D glasses were missing.  I figured they must have forgotten them or something.  So I put the DVD into the player and waited for it to boot up.  I was sad to discover that there is no 3D option for "Spooks" or "Pardon My Backfire." Just the 2D versions.  I looked on the packaging of the Ultimate Collection and Vol. 7 and there is no mention of 3D at all.

Comparing the wording on the back of my Vol. 7 box to one posted on DVD Empire, they omit any mention of the 3D Shorts on my version.  It looks like Sony made a second printing that leaves off the 3D.

I'm an extremely disappointed by this as I now have to track down the original release to get the shorts and 3D glasses.  Is there someone at Sony Home Entertainment I could email about this?  Not much they can do as they removed any mention of 3D so it's not bait and switch but I'd like to at least voice my disappointment.

Thank you and beware.

Offline archiezappa

I guess those of us who bought the original sets, as they came out, had the advantage after all.

Offline jwolf6589

I guess those of us who bought the original sets, as they came out, had the advantage after all.

I got the glasses and those episodes on my set I bought in late 2012.

Offline jwolf6589

I mentioned this in the DVD/Blu-Ray Review Thread on Dec. 29th:

Is okay its not like the 3-D shorts and the glasses were any good.

Offline Tony Bensley

I'm glad that I had already purchased Volume 7 separately prior to the 2013 pressing, which was the first to omit the two 3D shorts.  It was actually only recently that I realized that THE THREE STOOGES ULTIMATE COLLECTION 20 DVD Set that I bought dirt cheap (Under $32 CDN total, via Amazon Canada!) in January 2014, only had the 2D versions of SPOOKS! and PARDON MY BACKFIRE.

I think it would be great if Sony could redo the 3D shorts for a future Blu-ray release for the above collection, though I don't expect it!

CHEERS! :)