Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

15 part series on Healy's death

Offline falsealarms

The Daily Mirror blog has produced a 15 part series on the death of Ted Healy.

Mark Evanier's News From Me blog gives it an overview and links to all 15 parts: http://www.newsfromme.com/2013/06/28/death-of-the-stoogemaster/

Highly recommended.

Offline JazzBill

The Daily Mirror blog has produced a 15 part series on the death of Ted Healy.

Mark Evanier's News From Me blog gives it an overview and links to all 15 parts: http://www.newsfromme.com/2013/06/28/death-of-the-stoogemaster/

Highly recommended.

Nice find false, I just finished reading it. Hard to believe he died broke with the kind of money he was making. Looks like his first wife wasn't happy about losing her meal ticket. It's amazing people are still writing about this all these years later.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Kopfy2013

Thanks...

It is weird that they never named the 3 combatants in the 3 fights ....  that is the only thing that makes you wonder Why?  I think one or two of the fight participants are mentioned but not the 3rd one where it looks like he got his head damage.

Name the people he was in a fight with ... especially when they say he died of natural causes.  Do they not know the 3rd fight?  If it was at the restaurant, that is a club where people usually know alot of people. Is it because he was in the parking lot?  Was it a random fight from someone passing by?  I doubt it.  It was either staff or 'regulars' that got into that 3rd fight.  Was weren't they(he) named?

I wanted to check out Ted's son and see what happened to him - did he go into show biz?  is he still alive? etc.  He died in 2011. He did NOT go into show biz -- he joined the armed forces, changed his name to Theodore Healy to honor his dad and lived in Georgia most of his post-Armed Forces life. This website actually has a snippet and picture of him.  I am amazed at the thoroughness of this site.

Next I will check up on Healy's second wife to see what is out there on her if anything.
Niagara Falls