Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Darla Hood on Jack Benny

Offline Whoa Moe

At 6:30 Ea, she will be on his show on Antenna TV, if anyone here gets it...I figure it's from the early 60's...I thought she was long dead by then.

Offline Rich Finegan

At 6:30 Ea, she will be on his show on Antenna TV, if anyone here gets it...I figure it's from the early 60's...I thought she was long dead by then.

Darla's "Jack Benny Show" appearance was in 1962. She was far from dead then! She was only 31 years old and doing fine during that time.
Unfortunately and sadly, she did die way too young, in 1979 at age 47.

Offline Whoa Moe

When she walked on the stage she was totally unrecognizable to me! But when she began to sing I could see it in the way she rolled her eyes, like when she was a kid.

Last I heard, about 5 years ago there were only 2 Rascals (not our gang) living: Butch and Porky...is that correct Rich?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Last I heard, about 5 years ago there were only 2 Rascals (not our gang) living: Butch and Porky

Both Tommy "Butch" Bond and Eugene "Porky" Lee died in 2005.

Among the still-living are Jean Darling, Lassie Lou Ahern, Mildred Kornman, Sidney "Woim" Kibrick, Dickie Moore, Dickie Jones and Jerry Tucker (Jerry Schatz).  Others include minor players Margaret Kerry (THE NEW 3 STOOGES, Walt Disney's PETER PAN), Darryl Hickman, and Gene Reynolds (M*A*S*H).  Of notoriety, from the MGM years, is Robert Blake.

Only a partial list; approx. 30 are reported to still be with us.

BTW -  This same question was asked by you in your earlier identity, and answered in detail.  As you can see, re-registering with a different ID did not miraculously bring Butch and Porky back to life.

Offline JazzBill

[2guns] 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Whoa Moe

Both Tommy "Butch" Bond and Eugene "Porky" Lee died in 2005.

Among the still-living are Jean Darling, Lassie Lou Ahern, Mildred Kornman, Sidney "Woim" Kibrick, Dickie Moore, Dickie Jones and Jerry Tucker (Jerry Schatz).  Others include minor players Margaret Kerry (THE NEW 3 STOOGES, Walt Disney's PETER PAN), Darryl Hickman, and Gene Reynolds (M*A*S*H).  Of notoriety, from the MGM years, is Robert Blake.

Only a partial list; approx. 30 are reported to still be with us.

BTW -  This same question was asked by you in your earlier identity, and answered in detail.  As you can see, re-registering with a different ID did not miraculously bring Butch and Porky back to life.
Thanks for the update...I will try to remember this time. I guess the only one's that I know from the older crew is Woim and Dicky. It was news to me that Dobie's brother was an Our Gang player.