Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Overrated shorts...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Not sure if this has been done before, I used the search function & didn't find any old threads on the subject. So anyways, what do you think are the most overrated shorts of the Stooges.

Imo, it's either Violent Is The Word For Curly or A Plumbing We Will Go (sorry Metaldams). Punch Drunks is pretty overrated as well.

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

ThumpTheShoes

I can agree with Violent.. somewhat. Not that I think it's bad, I just think folks remember it because of the Swinging the Alphabet. Who could forget, though, Super Soivice and those gorgeous gals bouncing around a basketball?

I used to consider Men in Black as overrated and not deserving the attention it got, but the years have changed my thoughts on that one. I think it fits more closely into the mold, if there is one, of short comedy films which, during the early talkie period, tended to be less structured and closer to stream-of-consciousness diversions (think of the early Vitaphones like Knife of the Party and MGM's Roast Beef and Movies, both of which were kind of long setups for short, unrelated jokes).

I do think Beer and Pretzels deserves more credit than it's usually given. It has so many memorable lines, the Stooges and Healy are in top form, and the song (Ben)Steins on the Table (even with Bonny's crap "dancing") is catchy and stays with you. Nice.

Wish I wasn't rambling so much but it's been a long hellacious week and I'm poop-oop-ee-dooped.