The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Posting Restrictions for New Members

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Because of the large number of poorly written posts and repetitive questions asked by new members, I have changed the permissions settings for Porcupines (newbies.)

Porcupines may not start new topics on any of the boards, including the General Discussion board, although they can reply to existing topics.  After new members have posted 15 10 reply messages, they will move up the ranks to Grapehead, at which point they can start a topic as well as reply to others.

It's my hope that this will get new members to start looking around the message boards more, and perhaps seeing that their question was already answered.  (There's only so many times that I can tell people that the "Niagara Falls" bit was in Gents Without Cents before I'll start going crazy myself.)

(NOTE:  My apologises if some of you get the announcement of this thread more than once, but the original announcement sent earlier today was inadvertently stopped, and only some of the e-mails actually went out.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 07:29:57 PM by Dunrobin »

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
After some consideration, I have decided to lower the threshold for moving up to Grapehead to only 10 posts, instead of 15, as I have no desire to unnecessarily peanlize new members who can write an intelligible post.