Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Bohemian Rhapsody, for Four Violins

[youtube=425,350]IG9iDNNzd-U[/youtube]

Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen. Arranged for four violins and performed by Joe Edmonds.

Free download available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?wm9ylobgxpmcq (as either MP3, OGG, or a large AIFF)

Used GarageBand after recording to tinker with volume, add some pizzicato, and double the bottom part in a lower octave.

If you enjoy it, please share! (Or like, or comment, or Digg. . .)

Sorry, no sheet music available - wrote it out by hand. Can put something together in Finale if there's enough demand.

Dog Hambone

Wow. Beautiful version of an already very pretty series of tunes.

I could swear I hear a cello in there; must have been the bass notes enhanced by his GarageBand program.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I could swear I hear a cello in there; must have been the bass notes enhanced by his GarageBand program.

I don't know anything about the range of notes playable on a violin, myself, but I noticed that someone said pretty much the same thing in the comments on Youtube. 

Update:  I suppose I should have paid more attention to the video notes: "Used GarageBand after recording to tinker with volume, add some pizzicato, and double the bottom part in a lower octave."

Dog Hambone

I don't know anything about the range of notes playable on a violin, myself,...

You may already know this, but in a nutshell, the violin has the highest tones, then the viola, which is a little bigger & has a somewhat lower tone, but is still played resting against the shoulder. Then, the cello, which is even bigger & stands on the floor while you sit with it between your knees (this is Yo-Yo Ma's instrument), and finally, the stand up bass (sometimes called the "bull fiddle" - as it is referred to in THREE LOAN WOLVES).

Your music lesson for today...