Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

50 Years Ago Tonight...

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
MY THREE SONS (1960 - 1972) premiered. A favorite show of mine while growing up. Many of you probably are not familiar with it, being a generation removed, but a few of us geezers have fond memories.

The first 5 seasons still hold up to viewing today, with behind-the-scenes personnel like Gene Reynolds (M*A*S*H, ROOM 222, LOU GRANT) keeping it believable and relevant for the early '60s. Cast changes (particularly the loss of William Frawley) and too many middle-aged writers hurt the show as the decade progressed, but I still have fondness for those years with William Demarest and Beverly Garland keeping it interesting. Unfortunately, it "jumped the shark" by its 11th season... but an entertaining 10-year run is still damn impressive.

From September 29, 1960 the pilot episode, "Chip Off the Old Block."
(Imbedding disabled, but they link over to Youtube; look for a Stooges supporting player.)

[youtube=425,350]vaRMpZCK0hY[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]v7NHfRDSCjs[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]uQWfUtVuXD0[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

The same day as Ted Williams's last at bat.

[youtube=425,350]lN0uD8F3-QQ[/youtube]

I used to watch MY THREE SONS back in the 80's when it was on Nick At Nite.  These days, what's on Nick At Nite is what was on TV when I was growing up.  My parents used to say one of the kids on MY THREE SONS looked like my brother.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Stanley Livingston (Chip) makes stain-glass artwork as a hobby. The stain-glass of the Stooges in Gary's Stoogeum office door was made by Stan.

Offline JazzBill

The Flintstones also premiered 50 years ago today.

[youtube=425,350]n8pmdCMCk9E[/youtube]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Curly4444

Dammit, i was going to post this. Yabba-Dabba-Doo!! :D Happy 50th. Dam, Fred must be an old Fuc^^$ by now.  :D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Flintstones also premiered 50 years ago today.

Worth noting that THE FLINTSTONES was a primetime series on ABC, not Saturday morning fare. It eventually picked up kid-friendly sponsors like Kenner Toys, but in those first couple seasons, Winston and Anheuser-Busch were among the sponsors.

I don't believe this ever aired, based on its runtime; it was probably part of an internal promotional campaign to sign on distributors for Busch...
[youtube=425,350]fEZGaLlLfcY[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Worth noting that THE FLINTSTONES was a primetime series on ABC, not Saturday morning fare. It eventually picked up kid-friendly sponsors like Kenner Toys, but in those first couple seasons, Winston and Anheuser-Busch were among the sponsors.

I don't believe this ever aired, based on its runtime; it was probably part of an internal promotional campaign to sign on distributors for Busch...

Here's the entire 20-minute toon. As suspected, it was produced for an A-B sales presentation at a corporate convention. Produced in 1967, one year after THE FLINTSTONES' sixth/final season; and four years before the characters returned to network TV (on Saturday mornings).

[youtube=425,350]0a4EWISK3uE[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]G84OHC1Zpr0[/youtube]