Poll

Which Stooge documentary do you prefer?

MEN BEHIND THE MAYHEM (A&E Bio)
4 (50%)
THREE STOOGES STORY (Goodtimes DVD)
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Offline falsealarms

Which Stooge documentary do you prefer: A&E's (MEN BEHIND THE MAYHEM) or the one released by Goodtimes (THREE STOOGES STORY, DVD)? I've only seen the first, but upon further and long overdue inspection, the latter seems intriguing. The Goodtimes documentary is about 40-45 minutes longer to boot, but who knows if longer means better.

ThumpTheShoes

I gave a vote for the Stooges Story, simply on the merit that it contains no Billy West, IIRC. ::) Well, yeah, but I'm tired of the whole, "I decided to watch Larry" thing. He does do an excellent impression of The Porcupine, but the only WB voice he does really well is Elmer Fudd. I did enjoy his stint on the Howard Stern show, though. Who can forget the razor-sharp wit of Jackie-Puppet?!

I do really like the 50 Years with the Funniest Guys in the World.. The filmed interviews, Steve Allen narration.. Has a real nostalgic feel to it, as well as being a formal and respectful tribute to The Boys.

I think the Hypno-Toad agrees. He's taken up temporary residence on the 50 Years.. info page!

Offline 7stooges

Of those two, I only saw the A&E Biography, which was very informative. However, it used very few clips, and what clips it did use were from PD material (though this obviously had to do with copyright issues).

As far as a 'clip' documentary goes, I enjoyed the 75th anniversary special, but mainly because of that eye-catching opening theme:

However, much of the special was more of a tribute than a documentary.

Offline Rhinosaurus

Anyone know where I can get a copy of both of these?

Offline falsealarms

Anyone know where I can get a copy of both of these?

Both are out of print, but Amazon still has new copies of the THREE STOOGES STORY for like 5 bucks and and the Amazon marketplace has a couple copies of MEN BEHIND THE MAYHEM.

VIDEOGRAPHY