Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sony DVD Releases Beyond the 190 Shorts???

Offline Paul Allen

Yes, things have been quiet lately. I'm hoping 2011 will bring us something "new" from our boys!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
Has anybody considered that Sony might think about releasing an Icons set?  The most immediate example in to point to being Icons of Screwball Comedy, which contained My Sister Eileen.  They've done various types, like Icons of Horror and Icons of Sci-Fi with various themes (I treasure my Toho Collection).

I pondered what they haven't released and the idea struck me that they might not consider rereleasing the feature films since they can get more money off of them individually.  But they still have Have Rocket Will Travel in their clutches.  Maybe for Movie on Demand, but the thought occurred to me that a Three Stooges themed Icons set might be possible, crossing Have Rocket with Start Cheering, Time Out for Rhythm, and Rockin' in the Rockies.  Sure that would leave the Captain Hates the Sea out in the cold, but there's not much Stooge material of interest in it.

Anyway, I thought that might have been a neat continuation if they're hesitant of a Three Stooges Movie Collection.  Doesn't mean they're going to do it, but it's an option.

Offline metaldams

Hope I did this right.  I'm kind of a rookie and not quite sure how to start a new topic.  I have been in contact with a representative from RHI video and Richard Bann from the official Laurel and Hardy website and a new DVD box set is in the works for 2011. It was supposed to be released in 2010, but was delayed for some reason.  According to Richard Bann, this set will include all of the Hal Roach talking shorts (1929 - 1935) as well as all of the Hal Roach era features (1931 - 1940).  He said it was too early to have a concrete release date or any info on special features.  Just thought I would pass this along.  Will update if I hear any more.

Praise Del Lord if this is true.  This I will definitely buy.
- Doug Sarnecky