Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A Stooge Radiography?

Offline Hammond Eggar

Has anyone ever thought of starting a reference to Stooge-related radio appearances, from the golden era of the medium all the way up to more recent years?  I think it would make a wonderful addition to the site.  You could also include Stooge-related people such as Moe's daughter Joan and Larry's brother Moe Feinberg.  Moe Feinberg did a few radio interviews back in the 1980s to promote his book Larry, the Stooge in the Middle.  So, what is the general consensus about a listing of Stooge-related radio appearances? 
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline benjilbum

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd love to have MP3s of them. I've downloaded a few radio interviews of Moe, Larry, DeRita and Emil from You Tube, and they are great.

Offline Rich Finegan

I think such a listing would be a good idea for this site. Joe Besser and Joe DeRita appeared on radio shows in the 1940's and 1950's. It would be nice to have all such shows accurately and completely logged.

Joe Besser was on some Jack Benny radio shows as well as Benny's TV shows. I have several old cassettes of Besser and DeRita radio appearances.
Coincidentally just today I received a set of Connee Boswell Shows a friend sent me, including the episode of May 13, 1946 on which Joe Besser appears.
Ted Healy appeared on a few episodes of the series "Good News of 1938". Those should be listed as well.

And for up-to-dateness, the appearances over the last couple of years by Joan Howard Maurer, Paul Howard, and Shemp's family on the internet radio show "Stu's Show" could also be included.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I would also expand the listing to include radio interviews with Stooge authors/biographers such as Jeff and Greg Lenburg.  If all or most of the interview relates to the Stooges, then it should be included.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline 3DStooge

It's a shame the Stooges as a team didn't do any radio shows(they would have been perfect on the quiz show, It Pays to be Ignorant). Or maybe they did, but the shows have been lost. In any event they did make a number of recordings, at least 8 albums and one 45rpm record. Laurel and Hardy weren't in radio much, but the 2 episodes that did survive are better than nothing.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead