• Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
EASY RIDER (1969) opening titles
[youtube=425,350]5JI5eZVedFU[/youtube]

EASY RIDER (1969) campfire scene
[youtube=425,350]73PnAymHAHk[/youtube]

APOCALYPSE NOW (1979)
[youtube=425,350]FlBvhjWm7Wo[/youtube]

PETTICOAT JUNCTION  Bobbie Jo & the Beatnik (1963)
[youtube=425,350]ZcXHEwm0YYM[/youtube]

SPEED (1994)
[youtube=425,350]aRmhneo5A48[/youtube]

Offline Rhinosaurus

Easy Rider is one of my favorite movies of all time.  I may watch it today.

RIP

Offline Curly4444

They say Celebrates die in three, whos next??

Offline Rhinosaurus

1. DIO >:D
2. Gary Coleman
3. Dennis Hopper

and well 4. Paul Gray of Slipknot, semi celebrity

Offline Curly4444

Yeah, but do DIO and slipnot really count?  [laughing4] [stooges]

Offline JazzBill

They say Celebrates die in three, whos next??

Art Linkletter ? I realize some of you younger people don't know who he was, but he was pretty popular at one time.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Curly4444

Yeah your right. I forgot about him. I'm pretty old, but hes still before my time.

Offline metaldams

Yeah, but do DIO and slipnot really count?  [laughing4] [stooges]

Yes and yes, and I'm not a Slipknot fan, but let's be real here, they've made their mark, just not for you or me.

Dare I say Dio's contributed a bit more good to the world than Gary Coleman.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Dare I say Dio's contributed a bit more good to the world than Gary Coleman.

Whatchu talkin bout Metal ? 

Offline metaldams

Whatchu talkin bout Metal ? 

I speaketh the truth, thou who art monikered after the most American of musical forms.  Dio rules.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Yes, DIO, but slipwho? I never heard of them before reading that post. Must be part of that new metal crap.

Offline JazzBill

Come on Metal, the death of Gary Coleman is huge. It's sent a shock wave through the entertainment industry not felt since the death of Michael Jackson. I bet in a couple of weeks there's going to be Gary Coleman sightings in Burger Kings across the country. I've already started hearing rumors that he didn't really die but he faked his death just so he could live in peace. Who can replace an icon like Gary Coleman my friend ? ( Except maybe Webster )  ;)

Offline metaldams

Come on Metal, the death of Gary Coleman is huge. It's sent a shock wave through the entertainment industry not felt since the death of Michael Jackson. I bet in a couple of weeks there's going to be Gary Coleman sightings in Burger Kings across the country. I've already started hearing rumors that he didn't really die but he faked his death just so he could live in peace. Who can replace an icon like Gary Coleman my friend ? ( Except maybe Webster )  ;)

You know, I almost made an Emmanuel Lewis (Webster) joke, but I resisted.  You beat me to it, Jazz!

Seriosuly, it's sad he died so young, but until his death, Gary Coleman, and the entire cast of DIFFERENT STROKES, have been nothing but tabloid fodder since that show ended.  I've never been comfortable seeing people being more famous for their celebrity than what they've accomplished.  Gary Coleman sadly fell into that category.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Yes, DIO, but slipwho? I never heard of them before reading that post. Must be part of that new metal crap.

I don't care for Slipknot or nu-metal either, but they have been around for a decade now and Paul Gray's death has certainly been showing up on all the metal/hard rock websites non-stop, so he must've impacted a decent amount of people.  Just not you and me.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline luke795

Didn't Dennis Hopper play King Koopa in the Super Mario Bros. movie?

Offline JazzBill

Yeah, he was way to young to die. He led a pretty tragic live. I know for a while he was a security guard at a mall. I think he got in trouble for fighting with a lady that was pestering him. Todd Bridges was in trouble a lot but he seems to have turned things around. I believe he's on a show with some other B-list actors commenting on stupid criminals.  Good for him.

Offline Curly4444

I don't care for Slipknot or nu-metal either, but they have been around for a decade now and Paul Gray's death has certainly been showing up on all the metal/hard rock websites non-stop, so he must've impacted a decent amount of people.  Just not you and me.

Yeah your right, Diff'erent Strokes for different folks.  :laugh: Did i just say that. lol

Offline Double Deal Decker

Prostate cancer has claimed another live.  It is a little know fact, but 80% of men will face prostate issues during their lifetime, the most common of which is BPH. I believe that Bill Bixby and Frank Zappa both died of prostate cancer at the age of 49. Sad. I enjoyed his work in "Hoosiers", "The Sons of Katie Elder", and of course, "Apocalypse Now." (..."Who's got the cigarettes ?!!!"..) He will be missed.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
It is a little know fact, but 80% of men will face prostate issues during their lifetime, the most common of which is BPH.

Actually, I'd like some verification of that 80% figure, because frankly I find it hard to believe.  (You did say "issues," so maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by that.)  From what I can find so far, the actual incidence rates of prostate cancer (from the government, who generally love to inflate any "crisis" they can) seem to be quite low compared to your statement.  The highest incidence rate seems to be among blacks, but even that is only 234.6 per 100,000 men (0.2346%).

From a little more searching, I found the following:

Quote from: American Cancer Society
How Many Men Get Prostate Cancer?

The American Cancer Society's most recent estimates for prostate cancer in the United States are for 2009:

• 192,280 new cases of prostate cancer
  • 27,360 deaths from prostate cancer

Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in American men, other than skin cancer. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men. (Lung cancer is the first.) One man in 6 will get prostate cancer during his lifetime.  [Emphasis added.] And one man in 35 will die of this disease. More than 2 million men in the United States who have had prostate cancer at some point are still alive today. The death rate for prostate cancer is going down, and the disease is being found earlier, too.

1 in 6 is only 16.67%, not 80%, and even fewer men (2.85%) die from it.  I don't mean to belittle prostate cancer, and those of us who are getting older should definitely get checked for it as appropriate, but it's not something I'm going to fret about. 

We've all got to die from something at some point.   ;)

Offline Curly4444

Actually, I'd like some verification of that 80% figure, because frankly I find it hard to believe.

You didnt read it close enough. He said 80% face prostrate issues, which don't always involve cancer.

Offline Rich Finegan

We've all got to die from something at some point.   ;)

"A hot stake is better than a cold chop".
--- Curly Howard

Offline Double Deal Decker

I heard that "80%" figure on a tv news report. They were talking about prostate problems in general, BPH, cancer etc. Where they got their figure from, I can't say.  It was not my intention to mislead. Sorry.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I heard that "80%" figure on a tv news report. They were talking about prostate problems in general, BPH, cancer etc. Where they got their figure from, I can't say.  It was not my intention to mislead. Sorry.

I didn't think you were trying to mislead anyone, D.D., but I remain skeptical of that "80%" figure (especially now that I know that it came from a TV "news" report.)