Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Did anyone enjoy the Three Stooges arcade game?

· 10 · 2633

jka12002

I never played the actual cabinet but i have it as a MAME rom. But ive been curious what other stooge fans thought of this game.

I thought it was an interesting idea, too bad the game wasn't so enjoyable as the shorts. IMO

Offline FineBari3

There is one at the Stoogeum.  I remember back in the early 80's when it came out, and I was in video game glory, and I believe the game was a dog.

Playing it in the Stoogeum reminded me how bad it was.  The Nintendo home games of the Stooges were good, though.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

jka12002

I was playing this last night on MAME to see how far i could get into the game, i always loose on the level where i have to exit and catch that scientist dude before he escapes. I always play as Moe.

"..A Wise Guy EH?"  :laugh: Gotta love that garbled voice samples in the game

jka12002

Well i managed to reach "top banana" in this game yesterday, i reached till after the level where i captured the mad scientist, too bad i had one life left afterwards.

i find this game more enjoyable than the Cinemaware game. i allways play as moe

Offline FineBari3

I was playing this last night on MAME to see how far i could get into the game, i always loose on the level where i have to exit and catch that scientist dude before he escapes. I always play as Moe.

"..A Wise Guy EH?"  :laugh: Gotta love that garbled voice samples in the game

Where is this game located? What is MAME?

Is this the Nintendo NES game or the crummy arcade game? There was even a cell phone game about 4 years ago, but I couldn't get it on my phone. Something about making pies.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

jka12002

MAME is an arcade emulator for the PC. Now that ive played it so much i kinda like the arcade Stooges game better.

Offline girloves3stooges

Ive never heard of this game, what is it? The only game I know of is The Three Stooges game for NES and Gameboy Advance. Is this the same game, if not please give me some info about the game and where I can find a download.

jka12002

please look it up or something, i dont like repeating myself all the time.

Offline FineBari3

Ive never heard of this game, what is it? The only game I know of is The Three Stooges game for NES and Gameboy Advance. Is this the same game, if not please give me some info about the game and where I can find a download.

Do you mean the arcade game?

See, back in the day, there were stores where one went to play video games. The Stooges experienced a huge revival in the early 1980's, which also coincided with the video game craze. Somebody made an arcade game (the real big cabinet ones) to cash in on the Stooges craze, but it really stunk.

You can play it in the Stoogeum and see for yourself.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline afcomser

I found and dowloaded MAME and A three Stooges ROM but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it run, is there a windows version that alows you to select it easier. I have many video game emulators, but this is the one that gives you the least coherant instructions on how to run it.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!