Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal # 132

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges Journal # 132 is now published, and on its way to subscribers. Highlights include:

- A scoop reporting a previously unknown Moe Howard TV appearance
 - Tentative guest and itinerary info for the 2010 Fan Club Meeting
 - The Stooges' 1962 national tour to promote THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES
 - A new PUNCH DRUNKS L.A. filming location identified
 - Part 2 about an earlier, unfilmed, and quite different version of BACK FROM THE FRONT, rejected by Columbia's front office
 - Plus, Shemp Howard solo short trade reviews, supporting player bios, obituaries, rare photos, etc.

The new issue is indexed in this site's Journal database.

Offline falsealarms

Journal #132 is another great read. Especially fascinating is the piece about the search for Jay Sheffield, whose life was a mystery for a long time. The entire issue, as always, is well worth the read.

Dog Hambone

[3stooges]

And, once more, thanks again to Gary Lassin for re-starting "Three Stooges Supporting Players"; it's one of my favorite features.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Received the Journal yesterday and was pleased as always, especially on the "Then And Now" Punch Drunks location at 143 N. Larchmont Blvd and the "Lux" footwear store.

Well, with computer at ready, I typed in that address and got the Larchmont Business Directory with many businesses on that street and went down the directory to that address and it says its called "Kicks Sole Provider".  You can call them at 323-468-9794 and ask if they have seen any Stooges hanging around lately.  Many other businesses are listed from that road.   Thanks again To Jim Pauley for the filming locations as they are very interesting and wonderful to see the transformations thru the decades.

Robin 

Offline Larry Fine Fan

I received my Journal yesterday, and was very happy to read the Hercules article. Our Boys sure traveled a lot to promote their best feature (in my opinion).  [3stooges]

Thanks, Gary!

Sara

Dog Hambone

The Three Stooges Journal # 132 is now published, and on its way to subscribers. Highlights include...
...Shemp Howard solo short trade reviews...

I enjoyed reading this article by Richard Finegan, & it piqued my curiosity. Does anyone know if these Shemp Howard solo shorts are available for purchase or for viewing online? If so, where?

Dolemite