3 Stooges Collection Vol. 7 - 1952-1954, November 10

BeAStooge · 308 · 73695

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Vol. 7 1952-1954: November 10, 2009 - November 16, 2009

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Amazon has a pre-order listing for The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 7 -  1952-1954.

Images from DVDEmpire...

Sony press release...
Larry, Moe and Shemp are back again in…
THE THREE STOOGES COLLECTION Volume Seven: 1952 - 1954

22 Digitally Remastered Shorts, Arranged Chronologically and Packaged in a Two-Disc DVD Set

Featuring 9 shorts in their widescreen DVD debut, plus Two 3D Shorts with 3D Glasses!

AVAILABLE ON DVD November 10

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (August 31, 2009) – America’s craziest trio of buffoons are back again when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment brings The Three Stooges Collection Volume Seven: 1952-1954 to DVD on November 10.  This collection features 22 digitally remastered shorts that continue the Stooges legacy with the return of the original Stooge, Shemp. Included in this volume are such classics as the Stooges’ 3D shorts: Spooks and Pardon my Backfire, presented for the first time in both 3D and 2D, as well as Shot in the Frontier, a parody of the classic film High Noon. This compilation also marks the first time many of the shorts will be available in widescreen versions since their original theatrical presentations. The Three Stooges Collection Volume Seven: 1952-1954 is packaged in a two disc set and includes 3D glasses and will be available for $24.96 SLP.

The Three Stooges, one of the most influential screen comedy teams of the 20th century, inspired generations of comics that succeeded them. Following their start in vaudeville, the trio began their film career in the early 1930s, reached their slapstick peak at Columbia Pictures (1934-1957) and lasted as a team well into the 1950s. After their initial retirement, they were rediscovered by an enthusiastic new generation through the medium of television, surpassing their contemporaries in lasting popularity. Volume Seven continues Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s long-running tribute to the comedic mastery of the Stooges by tracing the evolution and development of their craft in films in progressive order.
The Three Stooges Collection Volume Seven: 1952 – 1954 shorts include:

Disc 1
A Missed Fortune
Listen, Judge
Corny Casanovas
He Cooked His Goose
Gents in a Jam
Three Dark Horses
Cuckoo on a Choo Choo
Up in Daisy’s Penthouse
Booty and The Beast
Loose Loot
Tricky Dicks

Disc 2
Spooks (3D and 2D)
Pardon my Backfire (3D and 2D)
Rip, Sew and Stitch
Bubble Trouble
Goof on the Roof
Income Tax Sappy
Musty Musketeers
Pals and Gals
Knutzy Knights
Shot in the Frontier
Scotched in Scotland

DVD Features Include:
•        Full Screen and Widescreen Presentations
•        Audio: English (Mono)

The Three Stooges Collection Volume Seven: 1952 – 1954 has a run time of approximately 380 minutes and is not rated. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 32919
UPC Code: 0-43396-32919-5
Order Date: 10/08/09
SLP: $24.96
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:23:31 PM by falsealarms »

Offline Smaug

Tentative info, but it sez "Spooks (originally in 3D)" so I guess we only get the 2-D. Maybe.

[youtube=425,350]Ax2doUR1Su0[/youtube]

Hmmm no video
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:53:53 PM by xraffle »

Offline metaldams

I would say, "Sweet!," but consider that tentative.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

If memory serves, this would be another gold mine of rarely-seen Shemp efforts.

# Scotched in Scotland (1954) (as Shemp) .... McShemp
# Shot in the Frontier (1954) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Knutzy Knights (1954) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Pals and Gals (1954) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Musty Musketeers (1954) (as Shemp) .... Shempeth
# Income Tax Sappy (1954) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Goof on the Roof (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Bubble Trouble (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Rip, Sew and Stitch (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp Pip
# Pardon My Backfire (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Spooks! (1953) .... Shemp
# Tricky Dicks (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Loose Loot (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Booty and the Beast (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Up in Daisy's Penthouse (1953) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Three Dark Horses (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Gents in a Jam (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# He Cooked His Goose (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Corny Casanovas (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# Listen, Judge (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp
# A Missed Fortune (1952) (as Shemp) .... Shemp

Not bolded = new to DVD.

Offline Stooges#1

Its good to have a date even if it is only tentative at this point, but I dont see how any website, especially one that have been legit in the past, would just make up a release date. The only thing is that we wont get the complete series out this year like has been said in the past, I am OK with that considering we have all these shorts out in Chronological order and Remastered already.

xraffle

This is great news. I was going to post the list, but False already beat me to it. But that's right. Only 3 shorts are NOT new to DVD. This is going to be one exciting set. Wow, we're getting real close to seeing the Joe shorts on DVD. I can't believe this is happening. Pinch me. See if I'm dreaming.  ;D

Offline archiezappa

Oh wow!  I can't believe it!  This is incredible news!  I can't wait to buy this set.  So, I guess the rest of the Stooges will come out next year.

2010:  The Year We Make Contact (With Complete DVD Sets Of The Three Stooges)

Offline dimelives

How many volumes should there be left after this? Two? Or, I guess it depends on how they're gonna split the rest up, yeah? With the odd years and any solo shorts that may or may not be included...

Offline Stooges#1

2010:  The Year We Make Contact (With Complete DVD Sets Of The Three Stooges)

We're going to be bringing in a new decade with the complete Three Stooges shorts on DVD.  :o

How many volumes should there be left after this?

Im hoping two. 1955-57 & 1958-1959 (with a 4/4 split over two discs), I would still be more than happy to pay the same money that we're now for 8 shorts because afteral Columbia charged over $20+ for the same collection of 4 shorts over multiple releases. I say leave the Solo's and Features to their own collection.

Offline dimelives

Im hoping two. 1955-57 & 1958-1959 (with a 4/4 split over two discs), I would still be more than happy to pay the same money that we're now for 8 shorts because afteral Columbia charged over $20+ for the same collection of 4 shorts over multiple releases.
Agreed. Aren't the later shorts a bit longer anyway?...

I say leave the Solo's and Features to their own collection.
Again, agreed. I like the plain simplicity of these releases.

Offline Rich Finegan

"Leave the solo shorts to their own collection"?
We know, that means it'll never happen. I say get them out any way they can...even if as extras on the Stooges/Besser sets.
Sure, it would be ideal to have complete DVD sets of all the solo Shemp, Besser and DeRita shorts, all beautifully restored, but considering their track record and hesitation to release the Charley Chase shorts, and the Keatons before that, I'm just very skeptical that Columbia would even consider DVD sets of the solo Stooges shorts.

Yes there are good people there at Columbia who are on our side (Hi Mike S.!) who are seeing to it that at least some vintage Columbia shorts (Andy Clyde, Collins & Kennedy, Glove Slingers, Screen Snapshots) get included as extras on DVD sets of seemingly unrelated movies, but again I'm skeptical about the chances of sets of the solo Stooges shorts coming out.
But, please prove me wrong, Columbia.

And, by the way, Mike, don't forget about those Musical Novelties!

Offline metaldams

Has Harry Langdon's name ever been tossed around for a Columbia set?  Langdon's relatively a big name, at least as much as Charley Chase, and he was definitely a comedian who's Columbia work should be available.

PS: This is why I'm shocked when people complain about the current Stooge sets.  Right now, we're pretty lucky.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Harry Langdon's shorts from Columbia should be the next set on Sony's to do list ....

Offline luke795

The 3 Stooges Vol. 7 DVD set was taken off of the movies unlimited site.

xraffle

The 3 Stooges Vol. 7 DVD set was taken off of the movies unlimited site.

Uh oh! Bad luck is beginning to start! :o

Offline dimelives

Offline archiezappa

Man, that royally sucks!  Although it kinda makes you wonder.  You know.  How much do those Sony guys actually watch this site?  If they've watched it within the last week, they may have gotten turned off by that idiot that was on here complaining about the picture quality.  If this release has been postponed or cancelled, I'm blaming him.

xraffle

How much do those Sony guys actually watch this site?  If they've watched it within the last week, they may have gotten turned off by that idiot that was on here complaining about the picture quality.  If this release has been postponed or cancelled, I'm blaming him.

LOL! I don't think anyone should've taken that guy seriously. His logic obviously didn't make any sense. Although, maybe they decided to postpone the release so they can do a better job and restore the shorts at 4k or 6k resolutions. ::)

Offline archiezappa

LOL! I don't think anyone should've taken that guy seriously. His logic obviously didn't make any sense. Although, maybe they decided to postpone the release so they can do a better job and restore the shorts at 4k or 6k resolutions. ::)

In my opinion, the only reason they should postpone this set, is so they can include both the 2-D and 3-D versions of "Spooks" and "Pardon My Backfire."

Offline Stooges#1

Perhaps with all we were told about the Stooges being all out by the end of 2009, that the date will be moved forward to late next month - early October, since upto 1954 on November 10th doesnt really make it realistic. I can hope.  ;D

Also: Im hoping I didnt jinx it.

Its good to have a date even if it is only tentative at this point, but I dont see how any website, especially one that have been legit in the past, would just make up a release date

:o

Offline moglia

In my opinion, the only reason they should postpone this set, is so they can include both the 2-D and 3-D versions of "Spooks" and "Pardon My Backfire."

If any one from Sony is reading - I and I'm sure many others are willing to pay extra to have the 3D versions included, maybe with a pair of Stooges 3D glasses perhaps :D .

But for goodness sake lay off the DVNR, even when used "correctly" it's a crappy hack for amateurs at best.

Offline archiezappa

If any one from Sony is reading - I and I'm sure many others are willing to pay extra to have the 3D versions included, maybe with a pair of Stooges 3D glasses perhaps :D .

I know I'm willing to pay extra for that!  That would make this one of the best sets!  A great selling point, too.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I was just gonna say the same thing ......2d and 3d   Spooks And Pardon My Backfire (w/glasses) would be a nice added touch to the set.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I really wouldn't count on these being released in 3D. It wouldn't bother me either way since watching them on TV in 3D wouldn't even be the same effect as seeing these on the big screen in that same way.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)