Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Will somebody do screen shot comparisons for 3 Stooges collections volumes 6-9?

Offline luke795

I would like to see them if someone will do them for this Vol. 6 set and future sets.

Offline FineBari3

Old VHS shots vs the new DVD would be interesting.

Didn't somebody do that for the first set?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

Didn't somebody do that for the first set?

The first few, in fact.

I guess that applies to me. ;D

Sorry guys for my delayed response. I started my new job this week, so I don't get to read anything on this site until I get home in the evening. Yes, I have internet access at work, but I don't want to spend my first week on the job posting on Threestooges.net. ;)

I wasn't aware of the popularity of my screenshots. That's one of the reasons why I stopped doing them. That and the fact that most of these shorts on these volumes are new.

Anyways, I'll be busy all day on Saturday. I'll be free on Sunday, so if no one else is going to post any screenshots for Vol. 6, I can do it that day. In the meantime, why don't you guys make a list of some of the shorts you'd like screenshots of?

Offline dimelives

Oh yeah, xraffle, they're GREAT! I love seeing the improvements. It's crazy.

There is one shot in "malice in the palace" that still looks comparatively poor on the new set, but i'd like to see it compared to an older release to see if it's still significantly BETTER than before. It's at 15:06 when the guard says, "Thank you" to Moe for giving him his hat. I don't know if it looks poorer because it was a forced zoom or what, but I'd like to see if it IS better than before (similarly at 2:53, when Larry's picking up the mess).

xraffle

Unfortunately, "Malice In The Palace" is the only short in which I don't have an older copy of. I had it on my 'Three Stooges in Color' DVD but I sold that a week before Volume 6 came out.

To make things easier, I'll make a list of the shorts I can make screenshots of and what I can compare them with.

The Ghost Talks- compared with Spook Louder DVD
Who Done It?-compared with Cops & Robbers DVD
Hokus Pokus-compared with Spook Louder DVD
Fuelin' Around- compared with VHS release
Vagabond Loafers-compared with Merry Mavericks DVD
Dunked In The Deep- compared with VHS release
Punchy Cowpunchers- compared with Merry Mavericks DVD
Hugs And Mugs- compared with bootleg set
Dopey Dicks- compared with Merry Mavericks or Hapless Half Wits DVD
Love At First Bite- compared with the Goodtimes VHS release
Self Made Maids- compared with bootleg set
Three Hams On Rye- compared with the Goodtimes VHS release
Studio Stoops-compared with VHS release
Slaphappy Sleuths- compared with bootleg set
A Snitch In Time- compared with VHS release
Three Arabian Nuts- compared with Three Smart Saps DVD
Baby Sitters Jitters- compared with the Goodtimes VHS release
Don't Throw That Knife- compared with the Goodtimes VHS release
Scrambled Brains- compared with VHS release
Merry Mavericks- compared with Merry Mavericks DVD
The Tooth Will Out- compared with Dizzy Doctors DVD
Hula-La-La- compared with VHS release
Pest Man Wins-compared with VHS release

I just want to say that I actually sold all my old Sony DVDs, except for 'Stooged & Confoosed' and 'Hapless Half Wits.' However, I still have my bootleg set and most of the previously released shorts on that set were ripped from the themed DVDs. So, that's why I'm able to compare several of those shorts with the older DVD release even though I actually don't have them anymore.

Offline falsealarms

The VHS comparisons would be most interesting. I don't recall many of the Shemp's being all that bad on the DVD's.

xraffle

The screenshots should be up very shortly. Most of them will be VHS comparisons, since that's what most people seem to want.

Update: They're up. I started a new thread. Click here to view them.