Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How big is your Stooge collection?

Offline JazzBill

LOL!  I had turned on that feature years ago, but it never worked on our old server, and I didn't realize that it was working on this one.  I know that I'm getting more senile as the years go by, but did that just appear recently?  (I'm just wondering if our web host added the needed component recently, or if I have really just not noticed that for over 6 months.)
Well you know Rob, it isn't always age that causes senility.

[youtube=425,350]1ltMX33FAKg[/youtube]

LOL  ;D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

Well you know Rob, it isn't always age that causes senility.
LOL  ;D

Catchy song! I'll probably be singing it all day now.....

[pot]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline curlysdame

Aahh, Afroman!  I haven't heard that song in a while.  lol.  I think I was 16-17 when I first heard that one; I laughed my ass off.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Stooges#1

My collection is tiny in comparison to everyone elses and when i say everyone, i mean most people on the planet.

I had about 7 or 8 Video Tapes, which were recorded shorts from TV alot of the shorts were double-dipping but hey who's going to cry over spilt milk? Until one day my father decided that they were too old and therefore useless so he chucked them out, admittedly that was a difficult day and i saw all my future goals thrown the window, ok not that bad but it wasnt a good day.

So my collection consists of Volume 1 and 2 of the new dvd sets.

AmalgamatedMoron

Unfortunately I own all of the Sony released Stooges "theme" sets.  Spent a lot of money for all of them and still ended up with less than half of the Columbia shorts.  Well, at least they're now making up for it with the chronological sets.  I also own 4 of the Columbia movies from the sixties (on DVD), but don't understand why Sony hasn't yet released Have Rocket Will Travel on DVD, even though they released it years ago on VHS.  Someone said elsewhere that Mike Schlesinger has said that Sony plans to release a box set of the boys Columbia movies after all of the shorts have been released.  I only hope I can pick up "Rocket" by itself.  I'm not buying the other 4 again.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Aahh, Afroman!  I haven't heard that song in a while.  lol.  I think I was 16-17 when I first heard that one; I laughed my ass off.
It came out around the time Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back came out back in 2001. I loved it then, too. Fucking hilarious.

Also, as a side note.. about members begging for unbans.. when you do it at non-Stooge sites too (some guy that was banned during the Jim Carrey debacle) was over at the Home Theater Forum wanting ME to relay a message to shemps#1.. are we that exciting? haha
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline curlysdame

It came out around the time Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back came out back in 2001. I loved it then, too. Fucking hilarious.

Wow, that was from 2001?  That movie's older than I thought.  I take it back... 2001?  I was more like 13  :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Sephirothia

Hi fellas,I Just joined. I thought it was important to join since the stooges popularity seems to be on an upswing again. I love the stooges with all my heart,Im loved them ever since I was a little kid. My very first memory is of watching The Hot Scots with my dad.

xraffle

Hi fellas,I Just joined. I thought it was important to join since the stooges popularity seems to be on an upswing again. I love the stooges with all my heart,Im loved them ever since I was a little kid. My very first memory is of watching The Hot Scots with my dad.

Welcome!! Lately, this site seems to be getting more new posters, which is good to see. Perhaps, the new DVD sets are increasing the Stooges' popularity.

Offline FineBari3

FELLAS?!?!?!?!

Just kidding....nice to have you here!

I thought their popularity was waining, after a surge from their being on Spike for a few years. Yeah, I guess the DVD sets are having an impact!

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline archiezappa

I wonder if the Stooges ever had any idea just how popular they were and are.

Offline FineBari3

I wonder if the Stooges ever had any idea just how popular they were and are.

Yes, it is rather amazing that they were thrown away by Columbia back in 1959. TV gave them a new life, and continues to do so today!

Your statement sounds like something I would think about! I was a history major in college, and I think a lot about things in the past, and what it might have been like to be in that person's shoes at a certain time.

(Does that make sense?)   [confused2]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline archiezappa

Yes, it is rather amazing that they were thrown away by Columbia back in 1959. TV gave them a new life, and continues to do so today!

Your statement sounds like something I would think about! I was a history major in college, and I think a lot about things in the past, and what it might have been like to be in that person's shoes at a certain time.

(Does that make sense?)   [confused2]

Sure it does.  I think about stuff like that a lot myself.  I'm sort of a history buff, even though it wasn't my college major.  I guess it should have been.  My major was actually Electrical Technology.

Capt Spalding

Just 168 of their shorts. 

I always enjoy watching their shorts, but I'm into a Buster Keaton frame of mind now. What I notice I end up doing when I'm watching a movie from the pre-40's or a silent is checking out the women.  Trying to catch a glimpse.  [smack] At my age, you have to be proud to be a dirty old man.

Offline FineBari3

Sure it does.  I think about stuff like that a lot myself.  I'm sort of a history buff, even though it wasn't my college major.  I guess it should have been.  My major was actually Electrical Technology.

Yeah, but I bet you have a good job now!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, but I bet you have a good job now!

It pays the bills.  It's hard to try to get rich with a wife and three kids taking it all.

xraffle

Just 168 of their shorts. 

I always enjoy watching their shorts, but I'm into a Buster Keaton frame of mind now. What I notice I end up doing when I'm watching a movie from the pre-40's or a silent is checking out the women.  Trying to catch a glimpse.  [smack] At my age, you have to be proud to be a dirty old man.

Let me guess. I bet you also watch the Marx Brothers as well. [groucho]

Offline archiezappa

I also watch the Marx Brothers.  I have 13 of their movies on DVD.  Funny stuff!

xraffle

I also watch the Marx Brothers.  I have 13 of their movies on DVD.  Funny stuff!

Me too. They're awesome. "Duck Soup" is simply an amazing movie. I have all of their movies except "Love Happy" which, in my opinion, is awful.

I also have a lot of Abbott & Costello movies as well. Those movie sets that Universal released on DVD long time ago are a steal. For some reason, as much as I really like The Marx Brothers and Abbott & Costello and as much I find them hilarious, I could never like them as much as the stooges. I think it's due to the fact that I watched the stooges since I was 5 years old. So, I grew up watching them.

Offline metaldams

I must be a loon, but I actually like LOVE HAPPY for what it is, a Harpo vehicle with support from Groucho and Chico.  I also like Harpo more than the average bear.

Keaton Vs. Chaplin Vs. Lloyd, etc.  Three Stooges Vs. Marx Brothers Vs. Laurel and Hardy Vs. Abbott and Costello, etc.  Whatever.  I enjoy them all, and even some of, if not all, the "lesser comedians" (big time Harry Langdon fan, not much a Ritz Brothers guy).  If anything, variety makes me appreciate The Three Stooges, and others, even more.  I'm trying to expand beyond the black and white era as well, but there's lots of good stuff out there.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I must be a loon, but I actually like LOVE HAPPY for what it is, a Harpo vehicle with support from Groucho and Chico.  I also like Harpo more than the average bear.

Keaton Vs. Chaplin Vs. Lloyd, etc.  Three Stooges Vs. Marx Brothers Vs. Laurel and Hardy Vs. Abbott and Costello, etc.  Whatever.  I enjoy them all, and even some of, if not all, the "lesser comedians" (big time Harry Langdon fan, not much a Ritz Brothers guy).  If anything, variety makes me appreciate The Three Stooges, and others, even more.  I'm trying to expand beyond the black and white era as well, but there's lots of good stuff out there.

One of the main reasons why I don't like "Love Happy" is because of the lack of Groucho. He is my favorite out of the three Marx Brothers. Harpo is actually my least favorite out of the three. The main reason why Groucho's part was so small in the film is because he was just a last minute addition.

Offline archiezappa

I have the two box sets of Marx Bros. plus Love Happy, which is available separately.  Harpo is actually my favorite Marx Brother.  I have his autobiography, which I highly recommend, even if he isn't your favorite Marx Brother.  Great book, it's titled "Harpo Speaks." 

As for Love Happy, it's okay.  It's not my favorite, but it's pretty good.  It's the Marx Brothers, which puts it way higher than many movies.  I also like Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy and, especially, Martin & Lewis.  I have both of the Martin & Lewis box sets.