Offline metaldams

5 - 0.  So much for that quality start.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
When Willie Aybar homers time to pull the pitcher.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Varitek, Ortiz, Timlin, and Wakefield have all been goats in this series so far.  They're 4/5ths of the '04 team that's left, and the other fifth is Youklis, who is just fine now and a bench guy back then.  Ortiz may come around next year, but the best thing Theo Epstein has done is give us a strong farm system.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Kevin fucking Cash!  Well, Wakefield has only given up four runs now since Cash being in there is a direct result of Wakefield.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Maybe Coco Crisp will hit a grand slam.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Maybe Coco Crisp will hit a grand slam.

At the 3 - 0 win against the Phillies games I was at, Coco hit a 2 run HR (the other run was a Lugo RBI double).

Last year, I saw Boston beat Baltimore 3 - 2.  Crisp drove in the go-ahead run with a single in the 8th.

Moral of the story:  If metaldams is in the crowd, Crisp is money.  Get me a ticket to Boston now!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Masterson in the #5 spot next year?

Offline metaldams

Masterson in the #5 spot next year?

I'm curious to see if Buchholz can bounce back, he's young yet and still has great potential.  Then again, Masterson is definitely major league ready and Buchholz may benefit from more time in Pawtucket.  We may sign a free agent starter as well and Michael Bowden is a wild card, but I'm open to the option of Masterson starting.  What I do know is they need to make up their mind what they're going to do with the kid in the off-season.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I've heard rumblings of a free agent or Peavy trade and Bucholz and Masterson dueling for the #5 spot.

Offline metaldams

I've heard rumblings of a free agent or Peavy trade and Bucholz and Masterson dueling for the #5 spot.

Peavy?  Whoa!  That would be great!  I've heard A.J. Burnett, which would be fine, because he owns both us and the Yankees.  The thing is, will he be healthy?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yeah, Peavy's on the market...baseball gods forbid San Diego pays him what he's worth.  Is Aybar a complete retard or what? I mean why even try that on such a shallow hit with Crawford on the bases?

Offline metaldams

1 ER 2 1/3 > 5 ER 2 2/3

What do you think about Bailey replacing Casey off the bench?  Bailey's got pop in his bat we're desperately missing off the bench now.  Ask the Phillies what a great bench can do.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Looks like we'll be looking at another 3-1 deficit in the ALCS. As the Yankees and Indians can attest to Tampa better stomp on the necks of the Red Sox in game 5 and not let them back in this thing.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The oddest thing about Jeff Bailey, in my baseball video game he ended up retiring at the age of 28, lol. How much longer are we beholden to Casey?

Offline metaldams

Manny Delcarmen is trying to make Wakefield feel good about himself.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The oddest thing about Jeff Bailey, in my baseball video game he ended up retiring at the age of 28, lol. How much longer are we beholden to Casey?

Well, considering the year he had in the minors, he's either going to be trade bait or should earn a role on the big club.  Lowell's health is in question, so if he's out, Bailey would be an option at first while Youk can play third.  If Lowell is healthy, Bailey would make a great bench option if we need a home run, something we didn't have this year.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I can no longer watch this travesty. Onward to game 5.

Offline metaldams

I can no longer watch this travesty. Onward to game 5.

Well, I did get VOL. 4 in the mail today!  This is a Three Stooges board, right?  I shall now watch The Three Stooges.  Excelcior!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

I'd much rather lose by ass kicking than by a close score...those are easier to shake off.

If thats the case, I guess that 13 to 4 beating the Sox took last night in game 4 must have pleased the hell out of you.  ;D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Darkhoarse820

Oh, good!
Please, take him and get him out of San Diego...

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If thats the case, I guess that 13 to 4 beating the Sox took last night in game 4 must have pleased the hell out of you.  ;D

Ask Ken Griffey Jr. or Ozzie Guillen about the game...I'm sure you can find them at their homes.

Offline JazzBill

Ask Ken Griffey Jr. or Ozzie Guillen about the game...I'm sure you can find them at their homes.
I realize, " It ain't over till it's over ", but the fat lady is stepping up to the microphone and she's clearing her throat. Like I said before, I don't have a dog in this fight, but misery loves company.  I have a sneaking suspicion the only reason the White Sox were eliminated first was because we were the first to play Tampa. Maybe if Francona and Ortiz are lucky, Ozzie and Kenny might invite them over to watch the World Series with them.  :laugh:

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I realize, " It ain't over till it's over ", but the fat lady is stepping up to the microphone and she's clearing her throat. Like I said before, I don't have a dog in this fight, but misery loves company.  I have a sneaking suspicion the only reason the White Sox were eliminated first was because we were the first to play Tampa. Maybe if Francona and Ortiz are lucky, Ozzie and Kenny might invite them over to watch the World Series with them.  :laugh:

Please, you know if Tampa is in the World Series Ozzie, Griffey, Francona and Ortiz are going to be like most of the country and not watch. :P

Remember, we were down 3-1 to the Indians last years, and 3-0 to the Yankees in 2004. By the way, the Red Sox would have destroyed Chicago much like Tampa did.

Offline JazzBill

Please, you know if Tampa is in the World Series Ozzie, Griffey, Francona and Ortiz are going to be like most of the country and not watch. :P

Remember, we were down 3-1 to the Indians last years, and 3-0 to the Yankees in 2004. By the way, the Red Sox would have destroyed Chicago much like Tampa did.
Yes, you are correct, Boston has made a couple of remarkable comebacks, but I don't think they have it in them anymore.  They look all worn out and tired. I got a kick out of watching Ortiz legging out that triple, I bet they had to give him oxygen when he got back to the dugout. By the way, in 4 games Tampa never scored more than 6 runs on Chicago. I beleive Tampa scored 22 on Boston just in the last 2 games. Tampa never really destroyed Chicago the way they did Boston. ( I guess it really doesn't matter if you lose by 9 runs or 4 runs, you still lose. )

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yes, you are correct, Boston has made a couple of remarkable comebacks, but I don't think they have it in them anymore.  They look all worn out and tired. I got a kick out of watching Ortiz legging out that triple, I bet they had to give him oxogen when he got back to the dugout. By the way, in 4 games Tampa never scored more than 6 runs on Chicago. I beleive Tampa scored 22 on Boston just in the last 2 games. Tampa never really destroyed Chicago the way they did Boston. ( I guess it really doesn't matter if you lose by 9 runs or 4 runs, you still lose. )

Boston got past the first round, which is more than I can say for Chicago.

EDIT: After I posted this I found out that Kazmir will be starting game 5 in lieu of Shields. Not smart if you ask me...