Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

HOW HIGH IS UP? Sweater gag.

Offline metaldams

OK, I know we've all seen it before, but this may be the greatest Stooge scene of all time.  Who knew taking off a sweater could be so funny?

[youtube=425,350]k3s8sEYzHWQ[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Double Deal Decker

Along w/the phone booth scene in "Brideless Groom", the sweater scene in "How High Is Up?" is probably my favorite Stooge scene. Absolutely brilliant, the both of them !!! :D

Offline porcupinefan87

We absolutely LOVE this scene...my mom, me and my younger sister watch it all the time.

Fave part...and I rewind it a million times in a row...Curly's adorable look at his hands and then...

"Mmmm....MITTENS!!!"

I don't know why...but it's the greatest thing! haha.

Oh as a side note though...Moe is particularly mean to Larry during this and poor Larry tries to help Curly and he goes "why don't you mind your own business". awww haha.

Curly's so cute in his lil' sweater.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline Double Deal Decker

When Moe says "We'll have this off you in a jiffy",...you know the trouble is just beginning. My favorite part of the routine is when Larry says,...(referring to Curly),..."Looks like a 'V-8'." To which Moe replies,..."Yeah. Ya' ever hear of a 'V-5'." Larry:,..."What's that? A new car?" Moe,.."No. It's an OLD SOCK !!!"  {SLAP}   :D