Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Some colorized clips

Offline falsealarms

At the end of the day, I prefer the shorts in black & white, but color is at least interesting.

These are not my videos.

DIZZY DOCTORS

[youtube=425,350]69zQ84ya0yQ[/youtube]

I'LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

[youtube=425,350]KfPYc6lvIg0[/youtube]

YOU NATZY SPY

[youtube=425,350]SedGpbebRPo[/youtube]

Offline triso

At the end of the day, I prefer the shorts in black & white, but color is at least interesting.
[...]
At least it makes them digitally restore the films.  The new B/W footage on the DVDs is much better than the grainy, scratched and old VHS versions.
What does feedin' the lions got ta do wit' us?  Hmmph!

Offline JazzBill

I have to agree with you on this. I too like the B/W more, but I don't hate the color ones. I started watching the Stooges in the early 60's and have seen them all many, many times. The colorized ones are somewhat interesting to watch. I find myself watching out for what I think might be mistakes on the colorization. I also think the color ones might help draw younger viewers. My grandsons (all six of them), now prefer to watch the color ones.  So if it helps to bring new people in the fold to keep their memory alive, it can't be all bad.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I have to agree with you on this. I too like the B/W more, but I don't hate the color ones. I started watching the Stooges in the early 60's and have seen them all many, many times. The colorized ones are somewhat interesting to watch. I find myself watching out for what I think might be mistakes on the colorization. I also think the color ones might help draw younger viewers. My grandsons (all six of them), now prefer to watch the color ones.  So if it helps to bring new people in the fold to keep their memory alive, it can't be all bad.

Me too ... and I've been burned on this topic before here at our beloved site (gained a "smite" or two from talking up colorized shorts) ... yet, if Legend Films and other companies take the time to make a "remastered" original that is clearer, better, has more depth, etc ... then why not? (especially if Legend and others offer the same shorts in B/w)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.