Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New "XM" TV Spot ... wha?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Can anyone explain this newest "XM" TV Spot ... unless they REALLY mean "TV" .... THEN I might could understand the Curly "woob-woob-woob's" when the hair jumps to Curly's supposedly "bald" head ... yeah right.

[youtube=425,350]qzTm8hXQc-E[/youtube]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline JazzBill

I don't get it either. The parting of the hair down the middle would fit with Shemp not Curly.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I don't get it either. The parting of the hair down the middle would fit with Shemp not Curly.

Yeah ... but isn't "XM" an FM radio service available on satellite radio ... sorta like SIRIUS? And IF (and I mean IF) so, then WHY IN HELL are they advertising sounds only available on TV (or better yet, CS III)? ... heh??!! Are they telling me that there is a "Three Stooges Only" sound bite channel on 'XM'?
(Hhhhmmm ... maybe this topic shoulda been on Nitpicker's Corner ...?)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I was just going to make a thread on this. I was watching TV a few weeks ago and was like WTF? Why does Curly have Shemp hair? But, really.. I wouldn't mind an all Stooge radio channel, shorts all the time every day! But, I don't think this exists.. I don't have XM so I don't know.

I just thought it was really bizarre..
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline busybuddy

I don't really care that they got Curly's voice and Shemps hair. I'm just happy to see a Stooge reference! I think maybe they use the Stooges because they are kind of a universal symbol for comedy, and XM has comedy channels. That's my theory anyway.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Although I have Sirius and not XM I know that there is no Stooges channel on XM. I do know that both companies have the same OTR station, Radio Classics, but seeing as though the Stooges never did any radio they never show up. I would think broadcasting a channel of the audio from the shorts would be lame since the Stooges were very visual.

I would guess the parted hair has something to do with the XM logo, not sure why they would use the Curly sound effect.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown