Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Clutch Cargo and other lame animations

jrvass · 5 · 1553

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
So on Memorial Day weekend, my brother & I stay up to see the sports on the news after the weather ("Live, from the parking lot, the pavement is drying!" "How about that Heather!?")

Ain't much happenning in Sault Ste. Marie or Traverse City, MI (TV 7&4) on Saturday night if the lead weather story is watching pavement dry. Or ID this weather snap (a raccoon and a red fox, the TV stooges guessed a cat and unknown. Pitiful.)

Then my brother says that the sports guy reminds him of "Clutch Cargo". And I am "like who?"

From my earliest childhood memories of crappy TV animation... I do remember this cartoon. The lips move but the face doesn't...

...Just like the sportscaster up-north!

[youtube=425,350]8e8ezwFW_FE[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]11F3RRcPbFg[/youtube]

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Does anyone know if they fixed the flying bus in time? Whassup?  ???

James

Offline JazzBill

Does anyone know if they fixed the flying bus in time? Whassup?  ???

James
I can't say for sure, but if I had to bet my life on it, I would guess they fixed it in time.
What a blast from the past. I remember watching Clutch Cargo on the "Garfield Goose Show" on WGN, in Chicago. That had to be in the late 50's or early 60's. WHAAAAAAZ UUUUUPP ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Then my brother says that the sports guy reminds him of "Clutch Cargo".

From my earliest childhood memories of crappy TV animation... I do remember this cartoon. The lips move but the face doesn't...

[youtube=425,350]8e8ezwFW_FE[/youtube]

CLUTCH CARGO (1959) was a Cambria production... the same company that produced THE NEW THREE STOOGES (1965).

Margaret Kerry ("Our Gang," THE CHARLIE RUGGLES SHOW, IF YOU KNEW SUSIE, PETER PAN) provided the female, 'Spinner' and 'Paddlefoot' voices for CARGO. She was married at that time to Dick Brown, the president of Cambria.

Ms. Kerry was the actress in several of the Stooges' live-action wraparounds ("Sunbathers," "Barbers," "Electricians," "Decorators," "Waiters"), and did the female and juvenile character voiceovers in 139 of the 156 NEW THREE STOOGES cartoons. Margaret's and Dick's children appeared in several live-action segments ("Salesmen," "Sunbathers," etc.).

Margaret Kerry's website
Margaret Kerry and The Three Stooges
Margaret Kerry and CLUTCH CARGO

Excepting the main character and 'Spinner,' all male character voiceovers in CLUTCH CARGO were done by Hal Smith (THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES). Hal also did voiceovers in the STOOGES cartoons (narrator, 'Get-Out-of-Town-by-Sundown Brown,' 'Tim Bear,' 'Badman,' etc.)... over 140 out of 156.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Clutch Cargo had Tinker Bell's lips? And Otis the Drunk's voice?

Holy cow! If America only knew!

As Mel Allen once said: "Look at those 2 teenagers in the outfield! After every pitch, he's kissing her on the strikes; and she's kissing him on the balls!"

Phil Rizutto said: "It's not your day, Mel."

>:D

James