Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Karma Reasons?

Guest · 7 · 3053

xraffle

I was just curious. Why was the Karma reasons removed? Is it to eliminate any hard feelings?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Actually, the mod for Karma Descriptions wasn't compatible with the updated forum software, but I finally installed the update for it last weekend.  In fact, I just used it this morning.  Are you not seeing it?

xraffle

Yes, I see it now. For a while, I've noticed that the Karma descriptions were eliminated, but I never asked why until now. So, I ended up asking the question today without checking.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
No problem.  I just thought that I had forgotten to set somethng in the permissions.   ;)

xraffle

I hate to bump up an old thread, but I have a question regarding this topic.

I am able to see who changed my Karma, but I can't see who changed other people's Karma. Why is that? I remember it was never like that before. I remember when Shemps#1 gave Gorilla Watson over 100 smites and I was able to see them, but now I can't. Why was this feature removed?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I am able to see who changed my Karma, but I can't see who changed other people's Karma. Why is that? I remember it was never like that before. I remember when Shemps#1 gave Gorilla Watson over 100 smites and I was able to see them, but now I can't. Why was this feature removed?

The newer version did not have that option when I reinstalled the mod back in the spring, and I decided not to bother hacking the code just to allow it.  I feel that being limited to seeing your own Karma changes should be enough.

(To be honest, I never really approved of the Gorilla Watson karma-bombing, but it was already well under way by the time I was aware of it, so I choose to stay out of it.  Personally, I would have just banned the account just like all of Islipp's other attempts to come back in, but I know that Shemps#1 likes to have his fun with Islipp.)

I'm often tempted to just turn off the whole Karma feature, but I like to use it to give members a pat on the back when they post something particularly pertinent, informative or just plain funny.  I almost never give out a negative karma to anyone.   ;D