Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Anyone see that MALICE IN THE PALICE lobby card on Ebay????

Offline 3Stooges

$4100???? For a SHEMP card??? Not even a title card or even the Malice card with Curly as the chef.

ebay # 330052936083

Curley91

I just checked that lobby card out.  There's no way I'd pay $4,100 for that. 

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I was amazed the final bid was that high. It even surpassed a lobby card for "Mutts to You' I saw awhile back which sold for just under $4,000. Even stranger, the final bid for an 'All the World's a Stooge' title card a few weeks ago on Ebay was just $305!

Offline 3Stooges

I think that ALL THE WORLDS A STOOGE lobby card is a fake. It keeps popping up on Ebay a couple times a year. I've seen it before a bunch of times.

The thing with the cards is that there's one guy (jas34) who bids on every stooge lobby card that comes on ebay. And he's willing to pay enormous amounts. So, if anyone REALLY wants a specific card from Ebay, they've got to pony up rediculous amounts of dough to just get past (jas34)

On a regular day, I'd value that card at about $900-$1200 tops.

Offline garystooge

When someone needs a card to complete a set (a card that no other collector has and is unlikely to become available any time soon), and money is no object, that's a combo that often produces crazy results. That's basically what happened here. Otherwise, I think your $900-1200 valuation is pretty much on target.