Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looking for uncensored copy of Slaphappy Sleuths, other(s)

Guest · 7 · 2714

ThumpTheShoes

The title pretty much states my case: I'm looking for an uncut copy of Slaphappy Sleuths. The copy I have is from the Family Channel and it is missing some stuff. I'd also like a clean copy of Scotched in Scotland-- I "made" a complete version of this using different sources but I'd like to have a cleaner version.
Getting these on DVD format would be great but VHS would be fine, also.
Thanks,
-Robbie
ThumpTheShoes

Curley91

Hi. 

I have unedited copies of both of these shorts.  If you like, I will start working on the dvd.

ThumpTheShoes

If you would, it would make my day! Also, lemme know about Booty and the Beast (in the other thread). If you need any other Shemps (not solo ones, though. I have none of those) let me know. I think the rest of mine are complete eps. with no edits, all on DVD.

-Robbie
ThumpTheShoes

Curley91

Hi.

I have your dvd all set and ready to go.  I am not sure if my dvd player can play that type of disc with "Booty And The Beast".  I will do some more research. Please send me a personal message with your address, and I will get your dvd in the mail soon. 

xraffle

I'd also like a clean copy of Scotched in Scotland-- I "made" a complete version of this using different sources but I'd like to have a cleaner version.

What a coincidence. I did the exact same thing. I had two different copies of that episode and spliced them together on my computer in order to make an unedited version.

ThumpTheShoes

Funny thing is I had such limited resources. I mainly had to cut between a copy of Hot Scots and two network, butchered versions of Scotched in Scotland. With a little creative sound editing and the "howling wind" sound lifted from one of the Harryhausen films (yep, the same sound loop used in the Stooges) I managed to cut everything together to make the full, 16 minute-plus version of "Scotched". How's that for dedication? (or insanity. I forget which)

It's passable, however the sources are too varied and there are major picture quality issues between the sources. I long for the real deal!

-ThumpTheShoes

xraffle

I did the same thing. I had to use some portions of "The Hot Scots" because the two copies of the episode I had were edited. Both versions I had were missing the beginning of the castle scene where Larry yells and his voice echoes. So, I had to use "The Hot Scots" in order to get that scene in. The two copies of the shorts are very different in quality, so it looks a little strange when watching it because the quality differs in certain scenes, but I'm satisfied with it since this episode is very rare.