Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister (1945 - 2015)

Offline metaldams

My heart is broken, a real legend died yesterday.  He's probably not in most of your wheel houses, I get it, but for those of us who do get it, we all know what a huge loss this is.  There are plenty of places on the Internet you can do research if you want to learn about the man, plenty of YouTube clips if you want to see and hear the man, I'm just hear to pay my public respect.  Lemmy was, without exaggeration, the greatest rocker who ever lived.  Never sold out, toured his entire life, his last show being 17 days before his death, made albums consistently, the last one released in August, and I can truthfully say there is not one bad Motorhead album.  I had the privilege of seeing him up close in concert once.  I was 19 and he was beyond awesome, brown Rickenbacker with that godly bass tone, mic stand point down, head up, and that voice kicking my ass.  It was fucking cancer that got him too, what a horrible disease, bah!  A man who lived on his own terms, I truly admire him.  If you have one ounce of rocker in your body and don't know Lemmy, Google the man.  The world is now a softer, more boring place.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Well shit, watching the online eulogy on YouTube, and his son states among the comedy Lemmy watched.....The Three Stooges.  I had no clue.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

....and at his funeral, he wanted three six foot pallbearers on one side, three dwarves on the other, and he wanted them bouncing to the theme music of Laurel and Hardy.  Hard to believe possible, but Lemmy just got cooler.
- Doug Sarnecky