Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Soupy Sales and White Fang

Guest · 5 · 1464

Offline JazzBill

[youtube=425,350]2nPRVe7D1lo[/youtube]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Nice one ... I've always liked Soupy Sales.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Nice photo of you and Soupy, Brent ...
You appear to be at some "covered dish" event shmoozing the local talent in the room.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Nice photo of you and Soupy, Brent ...
You appear to be at some "covered dish" event shmoozing the local talent in the room.

The jpeg with Soupy is from a few years ago, in Ocean City NJ during Doo-Dah Weekend. I had the privilege to compile a video tribute of Soupy's TV career (yep, I included Soupy's pie fight with Moe from THE MIKE DOUGLAS SHOW), which screened at that weekend's Saturday night banquet. The pic of Soupy and myself was taken during that evening's event.

Background info...

Doo-Dah is Ocean City NJ's opening "summer" weekend celebration, the 1st weekend after April's infamous "Income Tax Day," on Ocean City's boardwalk Music Pier. That annual weekend is a celebration of comedy, to alleviate the "IRS taste."  Past DDW's honorees have included Laurel & Hardy and Our Gang (in conjunction with Philadelphia's Sons of the Desert Tent), the Marx Bros., Abbott & Costello, The Honeymooners, Lucille Ball, Frank Gorshin... often with family members in attendance. Recent years' Doo-Dahs have honored NYC-area celebrities such as Larry Storch, Irwin Corey, Charlie Callas and Carol Channing; last year, the Ocean City CoC brought in Mickey Rooney from CA.

Soupy has made a tradition of attending Doo-Dah every year-to-date since. And we hope he will continue the tradition for many more.