Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Recent Posts

The Marx Brothers / Re: Room Service (1938) The Marx Brothers
« Last post by Tony Bensley on April 01, 2024, 12:51:32 PM »
But he counts Love Happy? I mean, I like both films and he had to promote the latest product, but really, that comment didn’t age well.
I wonder whether Chico might have retracted that comment before his death in 1961?

CHEERS! :)
Del Lord might have turned this into something.

Ted Healy certainly turned it into something… 💩
@ Paul Pain:  Not drinking enough?  What's that like?  My problem is the exact opposite.  Just ask my wife.
And the actor playing Henry, who ducks the flying crockery that hits Moe, is also the little guy who's being arrested for taking pictures in Dutiful But Dumb.  He worked often because, among other things, he was very short, even noticeably shorter than the stooges.
Del Lord might have turned this into something.
I finally watched "Hello Pop" on YouTube last night. Worth a look for the two-strip Technicolor and a few moments of Stooge magic. However, when Ted Healy becomes more abrasive than Edward Brophy, you know you're in trouble.

4/10
General Discussion / Re: Buster Keaton feature films
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on March 29, 2024, 10:07:34 AM »
Here’s how I rank them (still have not seen PASSIONATE PLUMBER, BOOM IN THE MOON, or the French film from 1934):

1. STEAMBOAT BILL JR. (10/10)
2. GO WEST (10/10)
3. OUR HOSPITALITY (10/10) (was originally #4, but recently switched spots with THE CAMERAMAN)
4. THE CAMERAMAN (10/10)
5. SHERLOCK JR. (10/10)
6. THE GENERAL (9.5/10)
7. BATTLING BUTLER (8/10)
8. THE NAVIGATOR (8/10)
9. THREE AGES (8/10)
10. THE SAPHEAD (7/10)
11. SIDEWALKS OF NEW YORK (7/10)
12. SEVEN CHANCES (7/10)
13. DOUGHBOYS (7/10)
14. SPEAK EASILY (6/10)
15. WHAT! NO BEER? (5/10)
16. COLLEGE (5/10)
17. SPITE MARRIAGE (4/10)
18. THE INVADER (4/10)
19. PARLOR, BEDROOM AND BATH (4/10)
20. FREE AND EASY (2/10)

I tend to like GO WEST more than most people and hate COLLEGE more than most people (although it looks like HomokHarcos and I have it in a similar spot at least). SEVEN CHANCES is probably the most difficult one for me to rank because I think the first two-thirds are dreadful while the last third is some of the best work Keaton ever did.
I freak my co-workers out because I can name supporting actors.

Good luck Paul!

Keep reviewing away, guys and thanks for them.  I just need a break. I haven’t been watching that much comedy as of late, just a little.  I’ll pitch in when I’m ready.
I overheard three of my coworkers having a talk about Ted Healy yesterday, and the history of The Three Stooges. I was quite shocked that I had three coworkers that knew who Ted Healy was.
Good luck with your exams! Sounds like you’ve been doing some intense school work.