Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Recent Posts

Youtube and Google Videos / Re: THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK
« Last post by falsealarms on Today at 08:27:13 AM »
So glad to finally be able to see this after all these years. I must say, I think it’s a shame this didn’t become a full series because even though it’s still limited animation, I actually think this captures the spirit of the original Stooges shorts a lot better than THE NEW THREE STOOGES did. More slapping, more slapstick overall, this actually was very entertaining. Of course, having Mel Blanc do the character voices helps as well.

And even though it was just a few years before the NEW THREE STOOGES, they all seem so much more energetic and livelier here.

Listen around 1:17-1:20 in for a brief piece of music later used in KOOKS TOUR. You can hear that same kind of transition around 3:45 here:
General Discussion / Re: Crappiest Cartoon Studio
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on Today at 07:45:50 AM »
By all means Cambria. Just on Clutch Cargo alone!

Ironically enough, longtime Stooges costar Emil Sitka claimed to have done voices for Clutch Cargo. There’s been some debate on this, but I do recall a few cartoons that had voices that I thought sounded like Sitka. Plus, I find it difficult to believe someone would lie about being associated with Clutch Cargo. If anything I feel the opposite would be true; I wouldn’t think anyone would want to associate themselves with Clutch Cargo.
Youtube and Google Videos / Re: THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on Today at 07:40:11 AM »
So glad to finally be able to see this after all these years. I must say, I think it’s a shame this didn’t become a full series because even though it’s still limited animation, I actually think this captures the spirit of the original Stooges shorts a lot better than THE NEW THREE STOOGES did. More slapping, more slapstick overall, this actually was very entertaining. Of course, having Mel Blanc do the character voices helps as well.
Youtube and Google Videos / THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK
« Last post by falsealarms on May 24, 2024, 11:18:18 PM »
Curly G dropped this rare gem on YouTube Friday night. It has apparently been remastered and restored.

The Three Stooges - Shemp Years / Re: Cuckoo On a Choo Choo (1952)
« Last post by PeteHale on May 24, 2024, 07:05:45 PM »
Funnily enough, your reasons for avoiding alcohol are very similar to mine. In fact they mirror my thoughts perfectly. I can not stand the taste of most alcoholic drinks (champagne is the worst) and the stupidity that many people tend to display when drunk is another major turnoff. Not to mention that it infuriates me when that stupidity puts other people in danger.
Never drank, never will.
I'm happy with my DVD set. Blu-ray can only do so much.
The Marx Brothers films, especially THE COCOANUTS, were in much worse shape than after they got restored on blu ray.  The Stooge films, comparatively to Paramount Marx or the Hal Roach catalogue, have been cared for pretty well.  I don’t doubt the Stooge films look better in HD.  I just don’t think it’s as necessary as some other films.
When I viewed all 190 Three Stooges shorts several years back, among those 190 shorts, I recall ONE short from 1945 in which the end logo was in relatively poor shape. Apart from that and of course, the infamous cropped Widescreen transfer of GOOF ON THE ROOF (1952), and also the two 3-D Anaglyph versions of the shorts SPOOKS! (1953) and PARDON MY BACKFIRE (1953), they all look rather good on DVD! At this point, I'm just thankful to be above VHS quality, which did look really shabby by comparison!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Call me crazy. but I felt Monkey Business, Horse Feathers and Duck Soup all looked rather soft on Blu-ray. Ironically, The Cocoanuts and Animal Crackers look the best of the bunch since they both looked like real 4K scans. The last three movies, on the other hand, don't have that nice fine look. I do feel it was limited to the source and not due to the way it was transferred. I know there was a recently found unedited print of Animal Crackers, which is why this one looked the best. Albeit some bad footages, The Cocoanuts did have the same nice fine look and the scenes that were badly beaten up have undergone an incredible restoration job. Though I don't know why the last three movies don't have the same fine look as the first two. Maybe they couldn't get better sources?
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Violent is the Word for Curly (1938)
« Last post by J_Kasumi on May 23, 2024, 01:53:51 PM »

So, in Stooge terms, you’re saying it’s putrid?  ;D
If putrid means wonderful, then, yes.
The Three Stooges - Shemp Years / Re: Cuckoo On a Choo Choo (1952)
« Last post by metaldams on May 23, 2024, 01:03:39 PM »
I have a few alcoholics in my family and what’s even worse is they’re too prideful to even admit it.  I have a few glasses of red wine a month and that’s it.

Alcoholism in real life is obviously not funny, but I can find humor in almost anything in comedy.  Shedding light on the dark side of life can be catharsis for me.

I have a W.C. Fields avatar for Pete’s sake.  I find the drunk humor in this short to be just fine.  The mileage of others may vary and I’m cool with that.
When comparing the DVD releases of Marx Bros movies like Duck Soup vs. their Blu-Ray releases, I’ve realized that Blu-Ray CAN do so much!  :)

No complaints about the Blu-ray upgrades of the first four Marx Brothers films (especially "The Cocoanuts" and "Animal Crackers"), but my DVD of "Duck Soup" looked and sounded better. In fact, there were audio-distortion issues at the beginning of "Just Wait Till I Get Through It" that need to be fixed in future Blu-ray releases.