Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Recent Posts

The Three Stooges - Joe and Curly Joe Years / Re: Fifi Blows Her Top (1958)
« Last post by J_Kasumi on May 22, 2024, 11:20:37 PM »
This short is... BAD!! Now, do I think it's the worst of the Joe era? No, but, it's a serious contender for not just one of the worst during the Joe Besser era, but, one of the worst Stooge shorts ever made, period. While there are a few decent gags, it doesn't save this short for me. While I have made it a personal point to watch every one of the one hundred and ninety shorts at least twice. This is one I can't see myself watching again. While Cuckoo on A Choo Choo from 1952 is my least favorite Shemp short, since posting my initial thoughts, I've only slightly softened on it, because on a second rewatch, it's bad, but, it's not 'Oh my god, what the hell did I just watch!' kind of bad.  Fifi Blows Her Top borders on that line. Very closely. The stock footage is a let down, as it's from shorts I'd rather watch. The only thing that keeps me from completely not rewatching it again is the few gags that are decent. But, it's not one I'm actively seeking out. I'd rather see a short subject starring Metaldams and Paul Payne. At least the two moderators of this forum would most likely make something more enjoyable than this. On my scale of pokes, which goes from 0 to 190 (Ha! See what I did there! With 0 being skip, no questions asked, unless bored and want to have a glass of wine with and nitpick the hell out of it to 190 being top tier Stooge short firing on all cylinders.), I give this a 9. Not the worst, but, not that good either.
I'm happy with my DVD set. Blu-ray can only do so much.
I think the reason for Sony only releasing 100 shorts is because it is meant to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Columbia Pictures. So based on that, we'll have to wait 90 more years for the remaining 90 shorts when we reach the 190th anniversary!

MOE: Oh, we can’t wait that long!
CURLY: Why not? Time marches on!
General Discussion / Re: Crappiest Cartoon Studio
« Last post by PeteHale on May 22, 2024, 07:54:03 PM »
By all means Cambria. Just on Clutch Cargo alone!
Random Comedy Reviews / Re: Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions
« Last post by PeteHale on May 22, 2024, 07:49:11 PM »
Since this is classic comedy, can old theatrical cartoons be reviewed?
The Three Stooges - Shemp Years / Re: Cuckoo On a Choo Choo (1952)
« Last post by PeteHale on May 22, 2024, 07:46:26 PM »
I always liked this one. They were experimenting, and I think it works well. The pushy Larry was hilarious. I guess one of the greatest things about the Shemps is the more-active Larry.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Cookoo Cavaliers (1940)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 22, 2024, 03:28:02 PM »
I feel this short is pretty under-rated.  I love it start to finish!  It ranks at #21 on my list.
The Three Stooges - Shemp Years / Re: Corny Casanovas (1952)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 22, 2024, 03:25:29 PM »
Plenty of slapstick in this Shemp classic.  I rank it #22 overall.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Tassels in the Air (1938)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 22, 2024, 03:23:44 PM »
This is another one I saw A LOT as a kid.  Even after all the times I've seen it, it still makes me laugh most of the way thru.  I rank it at #23 overall.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: So Long Mr. Chumps (1941)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 22, 2024, 03:21:16 PM »
Another Curly Classic!  This one ranks at #24 on my list.