Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Recent Posts

Sony were the same company who were releasing maybe five shorts at a time and thinking we wanted them colorized.  Then after years of fans complaining, they finally got it right with the eight volume set.

Since they did get it right with the eight volume set in my eyes, they’ll have to do an incredible job to get me to buy blu ray.  This ain’t it.

I joked on another message board I’d maybe spend $230 if Christine McIntyre came out of the screen and had dinner with me.  Get moving, Sony AI department.
Regarding the HD, I’ve been enjoying the slight image quality upgrade (over the DVDs) on display in Me TV’s Saturday evening broadcasting of the shorts — in spite of the compromised, semi-widescreen cropping.

But it boggles my mind. . . . In this era, who does Sony — or C3, or whoever is making the business decisions — think is going to spend $230 on a set of physical media aside from collectors and aficionados (like us) who are going to be dissatisfied with a collection like this that is so completely incomplete?
Watching these free on Tubi (with ads), these surely do look wonderful in HD. So I would gladly pay for an upgrade. But I do wish it was all 190 shorts instead of 100, especially since I'm shelling out over $200.

Such a dumb move by Sony to waste disc space on previously released Curly Joe movies instead of more shorts.

That said, I'm curious to see the list of shorts included. Maybe...just maybe I'll buy it depending on the selection. Based on the disc art by Sony, Micro-Phonies and An Ache in Every Stake seem to be included, which are two good ones. So we're off to a good start.  ;D
Agreed. As it stands, metaldams, it's just not worth it. I'll stick to what I have. The asking price alone is a turnoff.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Violent is the Word for Curly (1938)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 20, 2024, 09:50:31 AM »
I saw this one a lot when I was younger and may have ranked it higher at some point.  I still think it's a classic and I agree that "Swingin' The Alphabet" is the best song they ever did in a short.  Even after so many viewings, I still love it and rank it at #26 overall.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Three Little Twirps (1943)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 20, 2024, 09:46:44 AM »
The first half of this one is pure Stooge gold.  While the second half isn't as great, it still adds up to a lot of fun and ranks #27 on my list.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Three Sappy People (1939)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 20, 2024, 09:43:09 AM »
We're now in the portion of my Stooge short countdown where each one I consider a classic.  I rank this one at #28 overall.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Monkey Businessmen (1946)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 20, 2024, 09:41:06 AM »
Glad to see that most others here enjoy this short as much as I do.  It ranks #29 on my list.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Half-Wits Holiday (1947)
« Last post by Daddy Dewdrop on May 20, 2024, 09:38:01 AM »
Once again it appears that I like this one more than most.  It ranks #30 in my countdown.
For that price and for an incomplete set, is this really worth the upgrade from the complete DVD set most of us already have?  You folks can answer that for yourselves, but I’m leaning towards no.  I’m sure the films will look better, but really, the quality of the shorts I already have I can more than live with.  The extras would have to be out of this world for me to part with that kind of cash.

Yes, I am open to an upgrade, but it would have to be more complete and less costly.  If that never happens - oh well.