Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Edward Le Saint Mania!!!

Guest · 3 · 961

Jimmie Adams

We discussed everyone's favorite Public Domain and Cannibas convicting judge Edward Le Saint on a previous thread.  In case you didn't get enough, here is a mention of Ed in 1915.  I hope you have broadband.

http://jerre.com/TandN/OldPaper/PicturePlay/July_24_1915/p14.jpg

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just looked at Edward Le Saint's entry on IMDb.  It seems Mr. Le Saint was a very busy man, appearing in 298 films between 1912 and his death in 1940.  He also has Director's credits for 90 films, and writing credits for 8 films.

Pilsner Panther

Busy is right...workaholic is more like it. I had no idea that Mr. Le Saint was also a director in the silent era, and for whatever reason, he stopped directing just before sound came in (his last directing credit is from 1926, and the first sound film, "The Jazz Singer," was released in 1927).

In his later years, he was definitely typecast as "Judgie-Wudgie;" the vast majority of his many parts are as judges, and he even played the Chief Justice in one film, "Gabriel Over The White House." Not to mention that he appeared with Charlie Chaplin ("Modern Times"), W.C. Fields ("You're Telling Me!"), and the Marx Brothers ("Horse Feathers"), as well as with the Stooges.

Here we have a journeyman actor who never became famous, but I'm sure he was never bored, either!