Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemps#1 Serenade

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This thread is dedicated to the tremendous job (no offense, Pilsner) Shemps#1 does in global moderating.
The attached song typifies (to me) the persons Shemps#1 is constantly on the look-out for, the "trolls", as Shemps#1 calls them.

I propose to change the name of these "trolls" to PNG (Pencil Neck Geek), then change that to a "near acronym" of PING, not only to compare it to a Submarine nautical term describing a sonar contact, but to make it a "Stooge-Only" term in the world of the Internet. What'ya say, folks?

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Pilsner Panther

Jeez, I leave for a couple of days to attend to a family emergency, and I get scooped. Pencil Neck Geek by Fred Blassie, I was saving that for a future Picks segment.

Why, I oughta...!

[stooges]

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I can barely see due to recurring right eye problems (so excuse me if this post comes out messy), but thanks Giff; the vote of confidence is much appreciated. Bringing up Pencil Neck Geek by the late great Classy Freddie Blassie (one of the meanest, most sadistic wrestlers and one of the most colorful wrestling managers of all time) deserves two kudos by itself.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

I can barely see due to recurring right eye problems (so excuse me if this post comes out messy), but thanks Giff; the vote of confidence is much appreciated. Bringing up Pencil Neck Geek by the late great Classy Freddie Blassie (one of the meanest, most sadistic wrestlers and one of the most colorful wrestling managers of all time) deserves two kudos by itself.

I HATE WRESTLING!!!!!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Calm down woman, all I did was give a little info on who Freddie Blassie was for those who might not know. I'm not forcing you to watch Wrestlemania or anything...take it easy.

<slowly backs away from Mar-Jean>
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemoeley Fine

Dang, there's a blast from the past, Freddie Blassie. I have a recording of his on the first ever Rhino Record album dating back to 1973 or so. He is part of a compilation titled Rhino Royale on multi-colored vinyl that also includes the Temple City Kazoo band and their rendition of Zeps' Whole Lotta Love. I used to travel from Pasadena across Los Angeles to Westwod Village to the Rhino Record Store to buy oldies then they became a record label and the store was never the same as its founders concentrated on the label and the new folks at the shop although keeping the name,  didn't have the knack for stocking the rare the original crew had.

Anyone here old enough to go to record shops that would put you in a booth to listen to records before buying them? The original listening stations.  Anyone here know about the late 50's- early 60's wrassler Bobo Brazil who is credited for having created the head butt, Bobo called it the Coco Bump as coco is Spanish for coconut and slang for the noggin.

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline FineBari3

Calm down woman, all I did was give a little info on who Freddie Blassie was for those who might not know. I'm not forcing you to watch Wrestlemania or anything...take it easy.

<slowly backs away from Mar-Jean>

That has to do with an ex of mine.....I was just venting!  Sorry if I frightened anybody!

[wave]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
WHEW!! ... I was afraid it was because the guy's name was Freddie!
(He even spelled it the same as me!)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Freddie Blassie was a "Class"ic, that's for sure! I've been a wrestling fan for life, but I'm too young to have seen him wrestle live. I had almost forgotten about him and the "Pencil Neck Geek" tune until I read this topic!! Thanks for the nostalgia trip!!!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!