Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

MST V: Let It Be Round 3

Offline metaldams

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA Vs. HOI POLLOI
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE Vs. MICRO-PHONIES
MEN IN BLACK Vs. THREE LITTLE PIGSKINS Vs. HOW HIGH IS UP?
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO Vs. THREE LITTLE BEERS

BRIDELESS GROOM Vs. CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
WHO DONE IT? Vs. SQUAREHEADS OF THE ROUNDTABLE
STUDIO STOOPS Vs. HEAVENLY DAZE
HOLD THAT LION Vs. THREE ARABIAN NUTS
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
THEY STOOGE TO CONGA vs. HOI POLLOI
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE vs. MICRO-PHONIES
MEN IN BLACK vs. THREE LITTLE PIGSKINS vs. HOW HIGH IS UP?
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO vs. THREE LITTLE BEERS

BRIDELESS GROOM vs. CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
WHO DONE IT? vs. SQUAREHEADS OF THE ROUNDTABLE
STUDIO STOOPS vs. HEAVENLY DAZE
HOLD THAT LION vs. THREE ARABIAN NUTS

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid

The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline garystooge

HOI POLLOI
MICRO-PHONIES
HOW HIGH IS UP?
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO

BRIDELESS GROOM
SQUAREHEADS OF THE ROUNDTABLE
HEAVENLY DAZE
HOLD THAT LION

Offline Stoop

It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain

This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
CONGA
MICRO
PIGSKINS
PLUMBING

CRIME
SQUAREHEADS
DAZE
NUTS
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Baggie

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
THREE LITTLE PIGSKINS
THREE LITTLE BEERS

CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
WHO DONE IT?
STUDIO STOOPS
THREE ARABIAN

Metaldams, could I just enquire as to why several shorts were not included from the start? (And I don't mean the Joe ones or the Shemp remakes).
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline JazzBill

Hoi Polloi
An Ache In Every Stake
Men In Black
A Plumbing We Will Go

Crime On Their Hands
Who Done It?
Heavenly Daze
Hold That Lion
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline NicktoBarada

HOI POLLOI
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
THREE LITTLE PIGSKINS
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO

BRIDELESS GROOM
WHO DONE IT?
STUDIO STOOPS
HOLD THAT LION
At your service, day and night, we do the job and do it right!  ACME!!

Offline metaldams

Baggie, shorts were chosen mostly because of high ratings and vote totals on www.imdb.com.  I am comfortable with these choices, and in hindsight, the only short I regret not putting in is SCRAMBLED BRAINS.  This is the fifth tournament, and while there has been a different winner each time, the usual suspects always make the final rounds.  MST V seems to be no different, and that is pretty much the same reason why this will be the last tournament.  One of the reasons I did a Curly and Shemp bracket this time was because I wanted to see two Shemp shorts besides BRIDELESS GROOM and WHO DONE IT? (two good shorts, but not the two best Shemps IMO), make the final eight, and I wanted the votes to as much as possible be non-tainted by someone's Curly Vs. Shemp bias. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemoeley Fine

Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I have been looking for a reason to vote against Brideless and Who, but with the exception of Round 1 (Brideless vs Dunked) I haven't found one yet. I'm also hoping to kill Ache once and for all: I am so sick of the same old same old making it down to the bitter end (and this was one of the gripes I had to begin with). Nevermind that Ache is serverly overrated and nowhere near the best of the best in the Stooge canon; even if I thought otherwise I would be sick of seeing it, Beers, Who, Brideless (the past winners) making it so far each time.

I'm glad to see such underrated shorts as They Stooge To Conga (the best for pure violence) and Heavenly Daze make it this far, and hope they go even farther. A Conga vs Daze final would not disappoint me in the least (if only people would stop voting for the same fucking stand-bys each time). Where in the blue fuck has Squareheads of the Roundtable come from? I really don't remember it being all that good. Once again Hold That Lion gets votes because of Curly's 1 minute cameo. It's a good short, but has beaten some shorts that it shouldn't have.

My Final Four Prediction:

Ache vs Plumbing/Beers winner
Brideless/Who winner vs Lion
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is. I changed my votes on Brideless Groom, Who Done it?, and Three Little Beers just because I want a fucking change. I will not vote for any of the past winners in the following rounds.

I may or may not be swaying the vote here, but fuck it. We need to mix things up here.

Offline Slick Chick

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA
MICRO-PHONIES
HOW HIGH IS UP?
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO

BRIDELESS GROOM
WHO DONE IT?
HEAVENLY DAZE
THREE ARABIAN NUTS
Slick Chick, aka Nicole

Offline metaldams

You know, I honestly have no probelm with what Curly shorts are most popular in these tournaments.  A PLUMBING WE WILL GO (always the bridesmaid, yet never the bride), AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE, and HOI POLLOI are actually my three favorite Curly's, and they always have been.  I suppose the most underrated Curly shorts IMO are IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE, BACK FROM THE FRONT, and MATRI-PHONY, because like Octopus Grabus, I love redheads (the only reason why I watch reruns of THAT 70's SHOW is because of Laura Prepon.  Damn her for going blonde).  HOW HIGH IS UP? does fairly well in these tournaments, and I'm glad because that sweater scene is brilliant, and a shot to the critics who say The Stooges can't sustain a gag sequence.

It's the Shemp shorts where I'm most P.O.'ed at the results.  Two friggin shorts only make it far, when IMO, it's the early 50's as a whole where Shemp peaked with The Three Stooges.  THREE DARK HORSES, THREE ARABIAN NUTS, DOPEY DICKS, CORNY CASANOVAS, A SNITCH IN TIME, GENTS IN A JAM, SCRAMBLED BRAINS....now that's peak Shemp.  Throw that Stooge line-up in a low bidget living room set and magic happens.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Waldo Twitchell

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
HOW HIGH IS UP?
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO

CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
HEAVENLY DAZE
THREE ARABIAN NUTS

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Alright, it worked last week, so I'm going to try again this week. So far we have 17 votes, and hopefully 20 votes this week is not asking too much. Most of the match-ups are still close, with two being very close.

Hoi Polloi has 9-8 lead over They Stooge To Conga (Go Conga!)
How High is Up? has 7 votes while Three Little Pigskins has 6 and MIB has 4

The following match-ups are currently 10-7, with the first short mentioned having 10 votes:
An Ache In Every Stake over Micro-Phonies
Who Done It? over Squareheads of the Roundtable
Heavenly Daze over Studio Stoops

The other three matchups seem to be foregone conclusions, but if we get an influx of voters you never know. Get off your asses and vote (for Conga *subliminal message*).

Pilsner Panther

I haven't been voting, or even posting very much because I've had an incredibly hectic past week— I had a family emergency to deal with, not somehing I'd care to discuss on the board. However, I'm going to weigh in with a few late votes:

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA
MEN IN BLACK
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
SQUAREHEADS OF THE ROUND TABLE
HEAVENLY DAZE

Actually, these contests drive me up the wall near the end, because I always end up having to choose between two shorts that I like equally well (case in point: "Ache" and "Micro-Phonies").

On another topic, I should have a complete new Pilsner's Picks lineup ready tomorrow. I've got a lot of catching up to do, on everything.

[faint2]

Offline FineBari3

HOI POLLOI
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
HOW HIGH IS UP?
THREE LITTLE BEERS

BRIDELESS GROOM
HEAVENLY DAZE
THREE ARABIAN NUTS
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline jercel

This is my first post here in a long, long time.  I was a little disappointed in that "The Sitter-Downers"  did not make the list.  It is one of my favorites.      Good to be back here.  [stooges] 

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
jercel ...
You MUST have posted under some other username, because the list of posts under your name says you have only made "one" post so far ... so HOW can it be good to be back? Is it "legal" for you to tell us innocents what you posted under previously?

By the way, you didn't take the time to vote in Round 3 ... is it just because "The Sitter-Downers" wasn't in the list?

Offline metaldams

Giff, Jercel is a Stoogeworld regular, a longtime poster who has never caused trouble, and he did place his vote at Stoogeworld.  Below are this round's results!

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA Vs. HOI POLLOI  10 - 10
AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE Vs. Micro-Phonies 12 - 8
Men In Black Vs. Three Little Pigskins Vs. HOW HIGH IS UP? 5 - 6 - 9
A PLUMBING WE WILL GO Vs. Three Little Beers 13 - 6 (Hell yes!)

BRIDELESS GROOM Vs. Crime On Their Hands 13 - 6
WHO DONE IT? Vs. Squareheads Of The Roundtable 11 - 9 (Doh!)
Studio Stoops Vs. HEAVENLY DAZE 8 - 12
Hold That Lion Vs. THREE ARABIAN NUTS 7 - 11 (Thank God for small favors)
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline jercel

[jercel ...
You MUST have posted under some other username, because the list of posts under your name says you have only made "one" post so far ... so HOW can it be good to be back? Is it "legal" for you to tell us innocents what you posted under previously?

By the way, you didn't take the time to vote in Round 3 ... is it just because "The Sitter-Downers" wasn't in the list?]

Thanks Metaldams for explaining.  I was here several years ago and the web site was changed, erasing my history.  Like metaldams stated I voted on Stoogeworld.  I'm jercel77 on the Stoogeworld site. 

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I was not trying to "tip the cart" ... I was only curious as to why a "long-time" poster had only one post to their name. Please forgive me if I offended jercel or Metaldams, because I have had eons of good times right here at ThreeStooges.net without visiting the discussion boards at Stoogeworld, so I am not familiar with your username. BTW, IS Stoogeworld a good place to visit for rapping about our boys?