Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Karma question, what and how?

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I have noticed that all-of-a-sudden I have 1 Karma point, while Dun and Pils long time members have 2 Karma points. My jackpot question is what is the karma category and how does one earn or demerits karma? I checked the help section of member's profiles to no avail

As John Lennon would've said, "Instant Karma is gonna get ya, it's gonna hit ya right on the head, better get yourself together, pretty soon we're all gonna be dead"

Let us all shine on!!!!!!

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
"Karma" is a feature that lets you compliment or criticize another member's post.  A member's overall Karma rating can be an indicator of that person's popularity; someone with a high Karma is well-liked, and a person with very low Karma has really pissed people off.  (Zero simply means no one has "applauded" or "smited" your posts so far.)   :P

There are links, labeled "applaud" and "smite", below the poster's name to the left of every message.  If you click on one of them who will see a page where you have to enter a brief reason about why you are changing that member's Karma. (The Administrators and the person whos Karma you are changing can see a log about the changes.)

So if someone says something in a post that you really like, "applaud" him and let him know, and if he says saying that eally cheeses you, give him a "smite" and let him know that, too!

Either [thumbsup] or  [thumbsdown]

Offline FineBari3

As John Lennon would've said, "Instant Karma is gonna get ya, it's gonna hit ya right on the head, better get yourself together, pretty soon we're all gonna be dead"
S F

Ewww...I was in my car in traffic in front of the US Steel building in Pittsburgh and that song was on the radio when I was hit by a bus!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

That's strange. I don't see any links labeled "applaud" and "smite" below a poster's name.

xraffle

Now, I see it. For some reason, the links weren't showing yesterday.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Now, I see it. For some reason, the links weren't showing yesterday.

Sorry for the delay in commenting, xraffle.  I saw your previous post and went into the permissions and corrected a couple of settings.  I did it just before I left for work this morning, and I was so busy today that I forgot to post a comment during the day.