Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Member Map is back - WITH A VENGENCE!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
The bad news is that the Member Map we were using on the site has not been updated to work with this version of the message boards.

But the good news is that there's an even better version of it available, built on Google's Map API, derived from Google Earth.  The new Member Map is absolutely amazing, allowing you to re-center and zoom in, with either the satellite view, map view or a hybrid view (which I've set as the default.)  When you move click your mouse over on a member's pin, that person's info is displayed.

To place you pin, go into your Profile and click on the Forum Profile Information link under Modify Profile.  Towards the bottom of the page you show see the Google Map; just find your location and place your pin, then click on the "Change Profile" button.  Your pin will be displayed on the main Member Map.

Unfortunately, the old pin placements could not be converted to the new Member Map, so once again I'd like to encourage everyone to place your pin!  ;D

[edit]I corrected myself - you have to click on a pin to see the member info.[/edit]

Offline Stooge4Jesus

Uhmmmm... tried the link for map, says it can't open the site and it aborts and I get a page not found error...

I edited myself  ;D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I guess it would have made sense to mention where to find the map.  The link to the Map is on the message boards menu bar (below your avatar at the top of the page), between the "Calendar" and "Members" links on he right.  It's also on the main site menu at the top of the pages, under Community, and in the pulldown Site Menu in the top frame.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Uhmmmm... tried the link for map, says it can't open the site and it aborts and I get a page not found error...

I edited myself  ;D

That's weird - it works great in Firefox.  I just tried it in Internet Explorer and got the same thing you saw, but I don't know why.  I'll try to find out what's wrong wih IE, but here's yet another reason to make the switch to Firefox.