Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

If Spike TV had their sh*t together...

Offline Shemoeley Fine

If the programmers at Spike TV really knew the content of Stooges episodes, today Super Sunday they would've aired, Three Little Pigskins and Violent is the Word for Curly. The former needs no explanation and I chose the latter as besides having a basketball scene, it begins with the boys bestowing "sooper soivice", at a filling station for the professors they would be mistaken for,  ideal for Super Sunday.

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Wehavenobonazas

That may be true, but you neednt worry anymore about watching the boys on cable anymore. Sony/Columbia has released colorized versions of the Three Stooges shorts, remastered in High Definition. These versions of their shorts are shockingly beautiful. Granted, its kind of weird not seeing them in their original Black and White format, but these versions are crisp, clear, and sharp. The B/W versions are also available on the DVD's. Apparently they are a little slow in getting many of these out(as far as I know) but I have the only two DVD's of this type I am aware of.

They are:
Disc 1- Stooged and Confused
          Shorts:  - Violent is the word for Curly
                      - You Nazty Spy!(first time on DVD)
                      - No Census, No Feeling(first time on DVD)
                      - An Ache in Every Stake(first time on DVD)

Disc 2 - Goofs on the Loose
          Shorts:   - Men in Black
                       - The Sitter Downers(first time on DVD)
                       - Punch Drunks
                       - Playing the Ponies(first time on DVD)

Offline FineBari3

That may be true, but you neednt worry anymore about watching the boys on cable anymore. Sony/Columbia has released colorized versions of the Three Stooges shorts, remastered in High Definition. These versions of their shorts are shockingly beautiful. Granted, its kind of weird not seeing them in their original Black and White format, but these versions are crisp, clear, and sharp. The B/W versions are also available on the DVD's. Apparently they are a little slow in getting many of these out(as far as I know) but I have the only two DVD's of this type I am aware of.

Oh, God! Not again!

If this is your first post, you stirred up a hornet's nest! These have been out for almost two years, and have already been put in the discount bins all over the country.

FYI, I liked them, but I am one of the few here that says so.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Wehavenobonazas

WoW!!!    ???    Ok maybe im a little slow in getting these. Oh well.....up to this point, I wasnt even aware of the existence of DVD stooges. However, I do have a question. Were any other episodes ever given this treatment, or was it just these? Thanks in advance.

Offline FineBari3

The DVDs you speak of are the only ones given a full restoration and in the best colorization process available, I believe.

There were the public domain shorts that were 'colorized' in or about 1990 that looked like the rest of the crap that was being colorized at that time. (Bad color, black and white backgrounds...yuk). I wouldnt bother even watching them now.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead

They are:
Disc 1- Stooged and Confused
          Shorts:  - Violent is the word for Curly
                      - You Nazty Spy!(first time on DVD)
                      - No Census, No Feeling(first time on DVD)
                      - An Ache in Every Stake(first time on DVD)

Disc 2 - Goofs on the Loose
          Shorts:   - Men in Black
                       - The Sitter Downers(first time on DVD)
                       - Punch Drunks
                       - Playing the Ponies(first time on DVD)
Those two DVD's have been out for awhile, but there is a fairly new DVD of colorized versions of the four public-domains out on Fox, and it is not the shitty DVD mentioned by FineBari3. I saw those, and they suck! This new DVD came out in 2005, and like the Columbia DVD's, is fully restored, and has the fully restored B&W versions, as well. I bought it for $9.99, which is far less than the $24.00 that I paid for each of the Columbia colorized DVD's at the same store!!!!!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!