Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Why isnt this forum big n popluar?

Offline CurlySteve

Man there should be over a 500 members here? Im a stoogies fan and we need to get new posts here!

Pilsner Panther

Man there should be over a 500 members here? Im a stoogies fan and we need to get new posts here!

I don't see what you're getting at, Curly Steve. These forums are very popular, and they have been for a long time. We've got some of the foremost Stooges and classic comedy experts as regular contributors, too. If you're bored, stay tuned for a while, and I think you'll change your mind.

;)

Offline CurlySteve

You might be right.But i wonder why no one has ever put together a stooge convention. You know like a star trek convention where thousands of trekies get together.Like sales bunch of stooge memorbila and a room you go in and watch stooges clips all day.And go in another room and youll have the look alike stooges panel and you ask questions to them.Then you ask the experts questions about stooges films and other objects.Now that i like to attend.

Offline falsealarms

There's been something just like that for the past 20 years or so in PA... put on by Gary Lassin and the Stooges fan club.

Offline CurlySteve

Can anybody get in touch with that fan club and suggest them to hold a convention in a hotel ballroom in vero beach florida?

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Gary L. resides in PA so it makes sense, since he's the big kahuna in the realm of Stooge-oriented activities, to hold the annual get-together where he's able to check out facilities and do the planning w/o it cutting into his time too much. Vero Beach is a nice place, but if you look at the map on this website (under the Place Your Pin topic heading) you'll see a huge concentration of Stooge fans in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. So it makes sense there too to hold the annual fan club get-together in the place where there's the largest concentration of Stooge fans. Of course there are fans everywhere (though I've noticed many of the more remote fans originally resided somewhere in the Northeast, like myself, and moved to the boonies). However, much as I'd like the annual convo to be within driving distance of my home, i.e. 500 miles or so, it just doesn't make good sense. I keep telling myself one of these years I'll do a cross-country road trip and swing through PA just to catch the meeting, but for the last 4 years it just hasn't been feasible.

As for this forum, it's not as booming as in past years (the peak for Stooge forums was when the shorts were being regularly shown on AMC back in 01-02) but it's still an interesting and offbeat (wayy off beat at times) place. Plus, there are only so many times you want to go through the "Who's your favorite Stooge?" drill for the regulars.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline FineBari3

Can anybody get in touch with that fan club and suggest them to hold a convention in a hotel ballroom in vero beach florida?

There is only ONE Fan Club Meeting. It is a private event; you have to belong to the Fan Club to attend. The Fan Club information is on this website, under the Three Stooges Journal section under Stooge Info.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline garystooge

One of the most common questions I get is, “Why can’t we have the annual meeting in (insert name of your hometown here)?  As Bruck aptly pointed out, it’s mostly a matter of convenience for those of us who do all the work to have the event here in PA.  In addition, my memorabilia collection (which is part of the draw) is not portable.  Since the fan club meeting is a money-losing proposition, holding additional events in other locales isn’t really an option (reminds me of the old business school joke….we’re losing money on each sale, but maybe we can make it up in volume!)

Because we realize that some people have to travel quite a bit to attend, we’ve tried to make the event as attractive as we possibly can.  We bring in Stooge relatives and supporting players that fans would never get a chance to meet otherwise. In addition, there’s no charge for members to attend the event, view the memorabilia, get autographs or pose for photos with the special guests.

Is it worth the trip?  M-J and others who have attended would have to answer that one.  I can tell you that back in the 80s, a fan came in from New Zealand, which is about as far from Philly as you can get.  When he passed away a few years ago, his obituary stated that his trip to the Stooges meeting was one of the highlights of his life.  There are regulars who come in every year from California, Canada, Florida and all points in between. So the really hardcore fans are willing to make the trip.

In the highly unlikely event that we would ever hold a meeting elsewhere, it would probably be in Southern California, only because that’s where most of the retired supporting players live.  But traveling 3,000 miles to Philly hasn’t deterred many of them. Our prior guest list over the past 20 years is a who’s who of Stooges supporting players: Harold Brauer,  Lorna Gray, Suzanne Kaaren, Ethelreda Leopold, Mousie Garner, Diana  Darrin, Lucille Lund, Lola Jensen,  Lindsay/Laverne/Betty, Beverly Warren, Dani Sue Nolan, Samson Burke and others.

Gary

Offline CurlySteve

Well i went to a star trek convention in west palm beach and it was fun.People dress up in star trek uniforms.Look like vulcans and klingons.There is a room where someone looked like captain kirk,Dr McCoy and Mr Spock.I ask the quesdtion to spock whats the differance between a human & a vulcan? He said about 3 billion years apart.

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Well i went to a star trek convention in west palm beach and it was fun.People dress up in star trek uniforms.Look like vulcans and klingons.There is a room where someone looked like captain kirk,Dr McCoy and Mr Spock.I ask the quesdtion to spock whats the differance between a human & a vulcan? He said about 3 billion years apart.

Don't know if I'd want to attend a Stooge convention where a Moe-lookalike slapped me and said "That's in case you do something while I'm not around."

But if I ever do make the fan club meeting I want to get a look at that repository of Stooge artefacts (I believe it's called "The Stoogeum").
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline Guada

I think this is a nice forum, I'm new and I enjoy different threads.