Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Are the Stooges Your Favorite Comedy Team?

Offline locoboymakesgood

I've had many disputes with people over the years over "who's better". Whether it be the Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, or The Marx Brothers. Growing up in the environment that I did, it's the Stooges all the way. Their brand of humor, hilarious one-liners, and everything else that makes them the best of the best makes them #1 in my heart. My kids some day will have to live on the tradition of keeping the boys alive.

Mind you, unlike most people my age (19), I'm very big into old movies and music. Sunday night silents on TCM is one of my favorite programs. With that being said, Laurel and Hardy is my 2nd favorite comedy team. They rank up there with the Stooges for me. Their brand of humor is different, mind you, but I could watch our favorite trio and L&H all day and not get sick of it.

As to the Marx Brothers and Abbott and Costello, I like the former but not the latter. The Marx Brothers are funny, and I enjoy their early Paramount works like Duck Soup and the like. Abbott and Costello on the other hand just don't really amuse me as much. Maybe it's because I'm more of a fan of early comedy (1900s - 1930s), but either way.

Enough of my rambling. What's your opinion?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Shemoeley Fine

My favorite comedy teams:

Three Stooges
Aníbal del Mar & Leopoldo Fernández  (Cuba's legendary duet as Pototo y Filomeno & El Juez y Trespatines)
Lucy-Desi     (note: before I Love Lucy they were a duet)
Wayans Family
Rowan & Martin
Marx Brothers   (not counting Groucho's solo TV career)

a special acknowledgement to Burns-Schriever for their taxi drive-passenger routine and to Brooks-Reiner for their 2000 year old man routine

my least favorites:

Bush-Cheney
Martin & Lewis
Laurel & Hardy
Crosby-Hope
Abbot & Costello  (for me only their Who's on First routine is worthwhile)
Burns & Allen
Belushi-Akroyd

S F

Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
The Three Stooges are my favorite comedy team but here is a list of some of my others
1. The Three Stooges
2. Ted Healy & His Stooges (not sure if this counts)
3. The Marx Brothers
4. Laurel & Hardy
5. Abbot & Costello
6. Bing Crosby & Bob Hope
7. Richard Pryor & Gene Wilder
8. The Ritz Brothers
Jareth Wilder