Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Larry, Moe and Shemp 8MM Film: Eye Doctors.. What the Heck Is This?

Offline locoboymakesgood

I recently inherited all of my father's 8MM and Super 8MM films, projectors, and screens since he passed away earlier this year. Since he was a Stooge fanatic just like myself, he has a lot of Stooges stuff. One of the films that caught my eye was something called Eye Doctors. It seems to be a Shemp short (?), and I have no idea where he got it. It's an 8MM silent, with a yellow cardboard box with the Stooges heads on the bottom. I know a lot of shorts were packaged in shorter versions (possibly with different names? I don't know exactly) when released on this early version of home video. I don't have the time to hook the projector up and take a look at it right now, but does anyone know what the hell this is? If I can take a pic of it I will.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Brent, Gary or one of the other experts can undoubtedly give you more specific information, but I do know that there were a number of Stooges clips released on 8MM.  My brother has one, although I can't recall the name of it right now.  They aren't "new" or "lost" episodes or anything, just clips from various episodes.

Guys, do you have some details on those?  Seems to me that I should probably include them on another page under Stooge Info.   ;)