General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

The Missing 60

<< < (5/8) > >>

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: JazzBill on April 08, 2006, 11:07:18 AM ---Another edited short that comes to mind is "Movie Maniacs". When I taped it on AMC there wasn't any type of kissing scene. But when I taped it a few years later off of WCUI, it contained a scene with all Stooges showing how to kiss, using the dance girls as partners. This scene takes place right after the director (Sweinhart) says. "Kissing! What do you know about Kissing?"

I really don't know why the scene was cut.

--- End quote ---

The filmography entry for MOVIE MANIACS explains all.

JazzBill:

--- Quote from: BeAStooge on April 09, 2006, 10:10:33 AM ---The filmography entry for MOVIE MANIACS explains all.

--- End quote ---
I did read all that,I should have worded it different. I don't agree with why it was edited.

Curley91:
This may sound like a stupid question, but does Family Channel still show the stooges?

P.S.  What was edited out of "Cookoo Cavaliers" back in the '50s?

xraffle:

--- Quote from: Curley91 on April 09, 2006, 08:47:12 PM ---This may sound like a stupid question, but does Family Channel still show the stooges?

--- End quote ---

No, the stooges were shown on the Family Channel back in 1995, which was over a decade ago. I think it was only on for about 2-3 years, I believe, and then it was cancelled.

Some of those edits on the Family Channel were disgraceful. I remember watching "We Want Our Mummy," which was completely butched, as if a drunk person edited it. I also remember, that the 'Swinging The Alphabet' song was also edited out of "Violent Is The Word For Curly," but was later put back in. I guess they received a lot of complaints about it.

jc:

--- Quote from: locoboymakesgood on December 24, 2005, 12:24:49 AM ---WNLO 23 in Buffalo ran that absolutely horrid syndicated package when it started back in 2003, but after a few months they took it off the air. I don't blame them. I watched it every night and was disgusted, as it was just two episodes with the same amount of commercial breaks Spike airs them with. At the  time AMC still haf them on at 7 PM every weeknight so not seeing the ones at 11 on WNLO didn't bother me all that much.

I remember watching that on WJZY 26, I think, when I was in Charlotte NC in 2000.

I still miss it when they were syndicated in the 80s here. The local network showed three shorts for an hour, all uncut every Sunday. I still have a few tapes of them yet, with a lot of the rarer ones (We Want Our Mummy, Three Little Sew and Sews, Hula-La-La, etc.).
--- End quote ---

I remember when I was watching when they were syndicated in the 80s here as well on WGNO 26 from New Orleans (independent back then, was WB, now ABC).  They showed them every Sunday morning at 10 AM for an hour. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version