General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

The Missing 60

<< < (4/8) > >>

jc:

--- Quote from: xraffle on April 08, 2006, 12:16:04 AM ---The Family Channel showed all the shorts except "The Yoke's On Me" due to it's strong racial content. However, almost all shorts were edited with the exception of a few.
--- End quote ---

And what were those few?  I'm surprised a few were unedited considering they edited almost all of them

--- Quote from: JazzBill on April 08, 2006, 01:17:44 AM ---We are pretty lucky here in Chicago. There's a local station (WCIU) that plays all of them.

Yes, I remember reading that in this thread also.  You sure are lucky.

You would think that with TCM showing a Laurel & Hardy marathon, which I'm a fan of too, they would get the rights to Three Stooges and all of the Three Stooges episodes.  At least, if they did they would show them uncut and commercial free.  Oh well.  >:(  Just have to settle for DVDs of them instead
--- End quote ---

JazzBill:
Another edited short that comes to mind is "Movie Maniacs". When I taped it on AMC there wasn't any type of kissing scene. But when I taped it a few years later off of WCUI, it contained a scene with all Stooges showing how to kiss, using the dance girls as partners. This scene takes place right after the director (Sweinhart) says. "Kissing! What do you know about Kissing?" I really don't know why the scene was cut.
Curly.... With me, it's a sacrifice ! ...........That line kills me !

xraffle:

--- Quote from: jc on April 08, 2006, 07:13:29 AM ---And what were those few?  I'm surprised a few were unedited considering they edited almost all of them

--- End quote ---

Well, I know for sure that "Flat Foot Stooges" and "Three Pests In A Mess" were unedited. There might have been some others, but I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I watched the stooges on the Family Channel.

Giff me dat fill-em!:
I don't know about you guys, but MY list of "The Missing 60" has shrunk in size due to modest availability at retail outlets. Here is my truncated list from the original "Missing 60" that I still keep pinned on my wall and on the look-out for for free via TV broadcast:
(please note that there are NO Curly eps in this list, I was able to aquire/purchase/or otherwise finaggle all of the Curly eps)

SHEMP (31)
Fling in the Ring
Pals and Gals
Booty and the Beast
Husbands Beware
Bubble Trouble
Of Cash and Hash
Pardon My Clutch
Wham Bam Slam
Knutzy Knights
Pardon My Backfire
Musty Musketeers
Scotched in Scotland
Bedlam in Paradise
Stone Age Romeos
Hot Ice
Creeps
For Crimin' Out Loud
Flagpole Jitters
Rumpus in the Harem
The Pest Man Wins
Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo
Shot in the Frontier
Vagabond Loafers
Scheming Schemers
Hugs and Mugs
Love at First Bite
Self-Made Maids
Three Hams on Rye
Slaphappy Sleuths
Loose Loot
Gypped in the Penthouse

Joe (10)
A Merry Mix-Up
Space Ship Sappy
Gun's A-Poppin'
Horsing Around
Rusty Romeos
Quiz Whizz
Pies and Guys
Sweet and Hot
Flying Saucer Daffy
Triple Crossed

xraffle:
You can find several of those Shemp shorts on DVD and VHS.

Bubble Trouble can be found on the "Dizzy Doctors" DVD. Vagabond Loafers can be found on the "Merry Mavericks" DVD.

The Pest Man Wins can be found on the "Vagabond Loafers" VHS. Rumpus In The Harem, Scheming Schemers, Loose Loot can be found on the "Three Stooges Collection Volume 1" VHS by Goodtimes. Husbands Beware, Wham Bam Slam, and Musty Musketeers can be found on the "Three Stooges Collection Volume 2" VHS by Goodtimes. Cuckoo On A Choo Choo, Love At First Bite, and Shot In The Frontier can be found on the "Three Stooges Collection Volume 3" VHS by Goodtimes. Three Hams On Rye can be found on the "Three Stooges Collection Volume 5" VHS by Goodtimes. Pardon My Clutch can be found on the "Wee Wee Monsieur" VHS. These videos are out of print, but they can be found on Ebay if you keep on checking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version