General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

The Missing 60

<< < (3/8) > >>

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: jc on April 06, 2006, 07:04:13 AM ---What about TBS?   When they used to show them a long time ago did they show the missing 60? 

--- End quote ---

As explained above, the "missing 60" is the result of a 1998 syndication marketing decision.  When TBS had its national cable license to air the Stooges from the mid 1980s until 1994, it ran all 190 shorts.

shemps#1:
I'm moving this to the FAQ. I don't know how many times this has been brought up in the past, and I'm sure Brent is sick of answering.

jc:

--- Quote from: BeAStooge on April 06, 2006, 08:50:47 AM ---As explained above, the "missing 60" is the result of a 1998 syndication marketing decision. 

--- End quote ---

OK.  Yeah I rmember reading that in this thread.

Also to note in addition to remembering seeing Pest Man Wins on The Family Channel, I also remember seeing Fuelin Around (1949) there also.

Its ashame not all cable ccompanys such as mine which is Cable One (or does some other systems outside the Boston market) carry WSBK.

xraffle:
The Family Channel showed all the shorts except "The Yoke's On Me" due to it's strong racial content. However, almost all shorts were edited with the exception of a few. On TBS, they used to show the missing 60 on their marathons, unedited and uncensored.

JazzBill:
We are pretty lucky here in Chicago. There's a local station (WCIU) that plays all of them. I was even able to get "The Yokes On Me". I hadn't seen that one since I was a kid. It's even a little politically incorrect for my taste. But I realize those were different times,and I was glad to finally get a copy of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version