Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question about "I'll Never Heil Again"

Offline Shemoeley Fine

About "I'll Never Heil Again"

I believe I heard a goof in this short. When the Princess tells dictador Hailstone to look in his telescope for a glimpse of the future, we see the boys being roasted on a rotesserie(sic), we then hear Curley uttering his frequent tag line, "hey Moe! hey Larry!"   Isn't that breaking character, using their names instead of the character's name they were portraying?

If it is,  then I have dibs on posting it to the fan comments for that particular 2 reeler as it appears to have not "been caught" previously.

Shemoeley Fine
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I believe I heard a goof in this short. When the Princess tells dictador Hailstone to look in his telescope for a glimpse of the future, we see the boys being roasted on a rotesserie(sic), we then hear Curley uttering his frequent tag line, "hey Moe! hey Larry!"   Isn't that breaking character, using their names instead of the character's name they were portraying?

Not really - their characters' names were Moe Hailstone and Larry Pebble, so Curly's yelling "Hey Moe! Hey Larry!" would be correct.

Offline TourdeStooges

Hail, hail, Hailstone! Wahoo!
Come join us May 3, 2008, for the Tour de Stooges bicycle ride in our new home in Highland, Ill.
http://stooges.rogerkramercycling.org/

Offline Double Deal Decker

Wasn't Curly slightly burned during the filming of that scene?

ThumpTheShoes

Wasn't Curly slightly burned during the filming of that scene?

That was during the filming of "Violent is the Word for Curly".

Offline busybuddy

This is a little off topic but say what you will about the colorized shorts, this scene is really cool in color!
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline porcupinefan87

I just saw that short recently. Very funny. I didn't think it was a break of character. And in any short, I've always thought it so adorable how Curly would always yell, when in need, "Hey Moe! Hey Larry!!!" haha. Ever notice how Shemp  generally just yells for Moe? Sorry, I notice such nonsense. Curly's is cute...like a little kid.

"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline locoboymakesgood

I just saw that short recently. Very funny. I didn't think it was a break of character. And in any short, I've always thought it so adorable how Curly would always yell, when in need, "Hey Moe! Hey Larry!!!" haha. Ever notice how Shemp  generally just yells for Moe? Sorry, I notice such nonsense. Curly's is cute...like a little kid.
That reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Shemp bits..

*lights out* *fists flying*
Shemp: Here I am, Moe! AAAH!"
Larry: Shemp! Shemp! Are you okay?! *SMACK* (two fists fly from the darkness and sock him in the face*

Oh man. I quote "Who Done It?" all the time.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline porcupinefan87

haaaaa! that bit is so funny and yet for no reason. I just think the fact that Larry RANDOMLY shows up and is like "Shemp are you okay?" is funny. And Shemp always goes into his "moe! moe!" panic mode.

One moment of a break of character that I LOVE...oh man cutest thing, is in that short "So Long Mr. Chumps", at the end. Curly's like "that's a real one I'm no fool" the adorable smile that Larry gives...so a real one. he's like "yeah Curly you're great" haha.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine