Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

I'm looking for Stooges in 16mm

Offline 3Stooges

I'm looking to get some Stooges films on 16mm. I'm aware of Ebay and 16mm forums, but I figured that there must be some 16mm collectors on this board. So, if anyone has Stooge films on 16mm that they want to get rid of, please let me know. I'm open to most of the films, but some that I'd like especially would be:

Grips Grunts and Groans.
Dizzy Pilots.
A Merry Mixup.
Any of the Stooge/Joe Besser "Outer Space" films
Pardon My Backfire in real 3D.

Offline dave-A-roony

I bought a copy of both 'Pardon my Backfire along' with 'Spooks' in Anaglyph 3d format (you need those red and green glasses) on DVD. The quality was excellent and the 3d effect was wonderful.
The Disc included a bunch of other archival stuff  not related to the stooges. I did have to do a little work to make the DVD work on my machine but once I did it was great. it was projected on to a big screen to a bunch of kids for a birthday party and they loved it - bringing the stooges to a whole new generation.
The seller was on ebay named 3d Laboratory.
If you need the 16 mm I've seen that there too.

Offline writer

Hi fellow chowder heads...

Thrilled to have found this board.  I grew up watching the boys on Captain Joe Bolton's show on WPIX in NY - and I never got over them. 
In fact, I'm finding that the older I get (I'm 50 now) the more I laugh at Shemp!  Is that just me? 

I know some of you are 16mm Stooge collectors, so here's a heads-up on 10 shorts I have up for auction on eBay.

The auction's at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16MM-THREE-STOOGES-COLLECTION-10-FILMS-NICE-PRINTS_W0QQitemZ110314907075QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Film?hash=item110314907075&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

I look forward to seeing the goings-on around this group!  So happy to be here!

Best always,
Michael Kriegsman
mkelo@aol.com

Offline Dan Caprio

Hello fellow Stooge Fans
Spend Xmas with the Stooges on the Big Screen.

I am a 16mm collector.  The  3 stooges were the first 16mm prints I started to collect  back in early 70's and never stopped collecting and showing for my friends Way before...... Beta, VHS , DVD, etc......
I have the following prints available out of my personal collection.

Curly titles are $125   plus $5 shipping in U.S.
Shemp titles are $99   plus $5 shipping in U.S

1. Rocking Thru the Rockies
2. Sappy Bullfighters.
3. Income Tax Sappy
4. Idle Roomers............SOLD
5. Movie Maniacs...........SOLD.....12/17/2008
6. Goofs and Saddles
7. Of Cash and Hash
8. Hula La La
9. A Missed Fortune
10. Scotched in Scotland
11. Merry Mavericks
12. Restless Knights................SOLD
13. Crime on Their Hands

The above prints are all nice Original Lab Prints I acquired about 10 years ago in a collection.
They are mounted on 800' reels. and are in excellent condition. Ready to show
There is of course no warping or V.S.(vinegar smell)
 This Batch still has the original yellow columbia paper tape stickers which includes title print # and fbi statement.
I could splice these off and add exta leader if you wish for those of you with self thread projectors.
 Some have been screened only once by me when I purchased them.
These are extra prints out of my personal collection.
 If you always wanted to enjoy a 16MM print these are great Keeper prints.
Super clean projected image with excellent theatrical density and excellent sound tracks

Also accept paypal, personal checks, money orders. send me pm if interested
email address is ddaprio@live.com

Dan Caprio
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:37:18 PM by Dan Caprio »