Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Favourite line/moment

Baggie · 25 · 7069

Offline Baggie

Just wondering what everyone's favourite lines or moments are of the Stooges?
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline BACKBITER

Here's fivesies

K I T T Y. Pussy

Hey folks, glad to be back. This time for good. Had to jump thru hoops, but I made it

Offline goofontheroof

hi,
just registered here..

the first thing that comes to mind, for a "moment" in the film is larry tripping over the hose in goof on the roof and shemp, when he was on the ironing table in a snitch in time

favourite saying would have to be the maha routine in three pirates

Offline Baggie

I have so many but the first thing I think of is the 'Nora' song in 'Scrambled Brains.' Everything Shemp does makes me laugh

Viva

Not exactly a funny moment, but the Nora song is easily a favorite moment because it's cool to see them sing in harmony. They sang well too.

Offline stooge_o_phile

Just wondering what everyone's favourite lines or moments are of the Stooges?

There are SO many, but the funniest one I'm thinking of now is from I believe "He Cooked His Goose" where Shemp is hiding under a bed to get away from Moe who thinks he is cheating on his wife.

A mouse then runs across the floor and into Shemp's pant leg and a cat chases right up behind it!

Shemp's reaction and yell as he jumps up from beneath the bed is hysterical!   :D

Offline Jasper

The Maja routine in "Three Little Pirates".  The whole thing--but especially the "missed the table" prat fall Curly does.  One of the funniest things I've ever seen done.

Jasper
Siddown!

Offline FineBari3

Brideless Groom....when Emil says "My piano!" and Larry shoves him in the face and says "Shut up!".

K.I.T.T.Y. Pussy! Has always been a favorite. My friends used to say that a long time ago and we couldnt figure out where it came from! We were watching the Boys one day and lo and behold, there it was!!!!

Shemp's "Does marshmallows have pits" comes to mind as well.....
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Shemoeley Fine

Favorite line.....hmmmmmm

From Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise.... when being introduced to the Widow Jenkins' daughters April, May and June, Curley retorts in his inmitable voice and style, "ooooohhhh, three of the prettiests months of the year, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk"

From Cash and Carry.... when breaking into a government vault, Moe declares "there's enough money here so that Jimmy can have his operation", then Curley replies, "there's enough money here for ALL of us to have an operation!"

more to come   S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline ProfessorStooge

My favorite Stooge moment was in No Census, No Feeling. Curly says "Sold American" after Moe and Larry argue over the hostess' age and gets pelted with the census ledgers. I thought I'd die laughing after seeing it.

Pilsner Panther

My favorite Stooge moment was in No Census, No Feeling. Curly says "Sold American" after Moe and Larry argue over the hostess' age and gets pelted with the census ledgers. I thought I'd die laughing after seeing it.

Oh, there are too many of them... how can I pick a favorite? Off the top of my head:

One from "No Census, No Feeling:"

Moe: "I'm with the Census. Are you married or happy?"

Curly's "Shaving the ice" bit in "An Ache In Every Stake."

The whole second reel (building the house) in "The Sitter-Downers."

Shemp ("Cousin Basil") unexpectedly getting the tar beat out of him by pretty Christine in "Brideless Groom."

Shemp's piano-playing scene in "Scrambled Brains."

For that matter, all of "Scrambled Brains!"

The "Three-headed Santa Claus Demon" in "Malice In The Palace."

Larry racing around town trying to find "Pop Goes The Weasel" in "Punch Drunks," and then Moe crowning him with the radio when the tune ends at just the wrong moment.

Larry trying to retrieve the TV knob in "Goof On The Roof:" "What I need is a longer arm or a shorter wall— shorter wall!"

I could go on all night, but I think I'll watch some of these, instead!

[stooges]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
There are sooooo many for me, but a few that immediately come to mind;

In Pardon My Scotch, the entire scene of Moe, Larry and Curly flipping grapes into the opera singer's mouth ... THEN Curly handing Larry a Cupie Doll and exclaiming, "A winner every time!"

My late mother's favorite moment ... in False Alarms when Curly says, "Oh, look at the little baby hoses!! (picking up hoses) Marie ... Annette ... Yvonne ..." he's quoting the actual names of the quintuplets born in Canada in 1934. The other two kids' names are Cecile and Emilie. My mother told me she was 8 or 9 years old when she first saw this short in 1936 in the theater. (I'm so jealous)

Finally ... Moe's line in Fright Night "There goes Shemp with a left jab ... there goes Shemp with a right upper-cut ... there goes Shemp with a haymaker! ... (crash) ... there goes Shemp."
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Pat

• Porcupine
  • The picture actually looks like me.
I hadn't heard the Stooges do "Swinging the Alphabit" since I was a little kid, untill recently.  "Curly is a jerk"-  That's funny.
                                                              ???
Pat

Offline Baggie

I'm sorry to be a bit of a nitpicker, but don't they say "Curly's a dope?"

Anyhow, I'm so glad to see people still post on this topic since it was started over a year ago. Keepin' the dream alive.

Pilsner Panther

I'm sorry to be a bit of a nitpicker, but don't they say "Curly's a dope?"

Anyhow, I'm so glad to see people still post on this topic since it was started over a year ago. Keepin' the dream alive.

It is "Curly's a dope."

Posting to old topics is fine... there are always new members coming along to add their opinions to the discussion. Now, you need to tell us what "chavin' it large" means.

???

Either it's a British expression, or something that us out-of-touch old-timers missed.

Offline Pat

• Porcupine
  I stand corrected, "Curly is a dope." is right all right, and even funnier.  It's that face Curly makes, priceless!  I also spelled alphabet wrong, but that was just a typo.  (This whole computing machine, surfing the uber-web, posting and all..., well let's just say that I'm an old dog, and it's a new trick).   Anyway, What is the title of that short, and is it one of the few that Spike shows over and over?  Not that I am complaining, at least the Stooges are on the air, and I rarely miss them.
My favorite repeating line: 

"Where's the tools?""

"What tools?"

"The tools we've been using for the last ten years."

"Oh, those tools!"
Pat

Offline Baggie

OK, in England there are a lot of troublesome youths and young adults known as Chavs who everybody in their right mind should hate. They are people who haven't been brought up properly basically. They often 'wag' or 'bunk off' school to partake in what they find more interesting, and usually, more criminal activities.

Male Chavs wear Burberry baseball caps, have lines shaved in their eyebrows, wear tracksuits of certain brands with their trousers or 'tracky bottoms' tucked into their socks. They all delight in wearing 'Timberland' boots or 'Rockports,' plus huge fake gold chains, bracelets and sovereign rings. They take great pleasure in hanging around on street corners, drinking, stealing cars, shagging their 'birds' and getting them pregnant, and beating up innocent passers-by in a current Chav craze called 'happy-slapping.' (The Chavs run up to somebody and assault them whilst other Chavs record it on their mobile phones.)

A girl chav slaps her hair back into a horrendous ponytail with a giant bobble or 'scrunchie.' She also wears a tracksuit, is usually pregnant by a Chav boy, and also like her male counterpart loves to wear MASSIVE jewellery which tends to weigh more than her. They have yellow teeth from all that smoking and have dirtier mouths than most of the boys. They often cruise in stolen cars with Chav boys and also wait outside shops so they can force people over 18 to buy them alcohol. The Chav girls then give birth to their babies and lead a life on the dole in a council flat.

My town is considered one of the UK's biggest Chav towns. Heres an interesting read on the Chav life of my hometown, Rotherham:- (the first one is a definition of chav)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chav
http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=446

A lot of normal folk in the UK use sayings with the word Chav instead of have, for what reason I'm not sure. Pulling a typical Chav pose on my photo I decided to use "Chavin' it large." "Havin' it large" was a clubbers term made famous by a popular comedian over here called Harry Enfield. Also used by many people are "Chav a nice day," and "Chav I got news for you."

Pilsner Panther

Oh, that's what it is... what we in the States call the "gangsta" look, or "bling" (that's a newer expression).

Some results of a Google Image Search for "chav," below.

The Sherlock Holmes hat is a nice touch— you never see those over here. All the guy needs is a curved smoking pipe and a big magnifying glass. For some reason, the same search also turned up a picture of the Munsters, I don't know why. Maybe they were "pre-chav?"

???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pat

• Porcupine

"Curly's a dope."

::)
Pat

CURLYFAN

The Sherlock Holmes hat is a nice touch— you never see those over here. All the guy needs is a curved smoking pipe and a big magnifying glass. For some reason, the same search also turned up a picture of the Munsters, I don't know why

I believe Herman was trying to be a detective on 1 episode and he was wearing a Sherlock Holmes outfit.

One of my favorite lines of the Stooges is. .  . . . .
This quote may not be exact but here goes. . . . .

Were colossal, were stupendous, were even mediocre, you said it were putrid

Offline Guada

Niagara Falls routine, when Larry races the horse in the wrong way (Playing tha ponies) and being a Moe fan all that Moe did!

Dog Hambone

As Jimmie Durante would have said, I got a million of 'em.

"What would you rather have, a shoe full of dollar bills or two socks of fives?
I'll take the two socks.
You got 'em" (followed by 2 fists to the face)   

Offline JazzBill

Singapore Joe.....What kind of fool do you take me for?
Curly...... Why, is there more than one kind?
That line is funny and all so true...
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Moe(others as well): Help!!!! I'm losing my mind!!!!!!!!S
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Dog Hambone

Larry & Shemp in Ichabod Slipp's office:

"We'll get that filthy lucre, the moola, the geetus
No slippery guy named Slipp is ever gonna cheat us
A zoo, a zah, a zo"
(double face slap by Moe)