Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Didn't Jim Carrey drop out?

Offline FineBari3

I wish this would just go away............

==========================================

Jim Carrey Shows Off Fuller Figure For 'Three Stooges'Source   
Watch out, Matt Damon -- Jim Carrey's coming through.

The comedian has promised to gain 40-50 pounds for his role as Curly in "The Three Stooges" -- more than the 30 Matt put on for "The Informant!" -- and he showed off a chubbier figure on Thursday night at UCLA's 2009 Visionary Ball in Beverly Hills.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood's Man Of Many Funny Faces -- Jim Carrey

Weight wasn't the only thing Jim's added to his look -- he wore glasses and had grown a full beard.

Partner Jenny McCarthy, who stood by Jim's side on Thursday, previously told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush that she was looking forward to "dating Curly."

"He said, 'You know, I'm going to have to gain 40-50 pounds for this role.' And I said, 'Oh my God! I get to be dating Curly!' That is the greatest thing ever," she told Billy in April.

"The Three Stooges" is expected in theaters in 2010.

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline locoboymakesgood

'Fame' bombed, so I thought that was MGM's nail in the coffin. I was surprised to see him all fat on the front page of Yahoo.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Smaug

Modernizing classic comedians, might work? (ha)
Remember "Brain Donors"? I wish I could forget it.
Can't think of anything original, I guess......

Offline jesster64

They would be better off releasing the originals, maybe remastered in digital or 3d. You can't imitate the stooges no matter how good an actor you are.

Dog Hambone

They would be better off releasing the originals, maybe remastered in digital or 3d.

Umm, jesster64, I'm not sure where you've been hiding for the last couple of years, but Sony has already released 6 volumes of remastered originals, and the 7th volume (with two 3ds included) is due out in about a month!

[pie]

Offline stooge1029

Ferrelys havent made a good movie in over ten  years. I thought this movie was on hold because the cast dropped out and I was glad. The three stooges are not toilet humor and the last thing I want to see is them doing a bunch of poop jokes or drenched in body fluids. Someone stop this thing from being made!

Offline jesster64

Umm, jesster64, I'm not sure where you've been hiding for the last couple of years, but Sony has already released 6 volumes of remastered originals, and the 7th volume (with two 3ds included) is due out in about a month!

[pie]
sorry, thats what I get for posting early in the morning. I meant I would rather see a remastered 2 hr collection of shorts on the big screen, possibly the 3D ones rather than a new imitation movie. Remakes don't work, speed racer, scooby doo, josi and the pussycats, flintstones,etc. You cannot imitate the stooges. The footage is allready shot, put them back on the big screen at a reduced admission cost,could it possibly do worse than eddie murpy's last 3 movies.
I'm getting the complete dvd collection for christmas.

Offline jesster64

sorry again, the movies I selected didn't make sense. remakes like pink panther, mchales navy, dr doolittle, sgt bilko,dukes of hazard,lost in space, etc... don't compare to the originals in my opinion.